BMW Sizing help

tommyboy

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Ralleye2 online but can't understand the BMW sizing! I have looked for a converter online but can't find one.
The suit I am looking at is a 42 whats that in real terms?
I am 5ft7 with a 30 inch waist and inside leg does anyone with a size 42 suit think this will fit?
Cheers,
Tom

Euro 52...............but get to a dealer and try them, as all BMW gear fits differently

If you intend to ride in all weathers, make sure the BMW clothing is a generous fit to allow layering beneath e.g. a thick fleece or icebreaker merino wool top.

It's all good quality kit, but not very warm in winter. In fact, its flippin' freezing. Even with my Goretex(tm) liners, the wind still whistles through my Savanna 2 kit and I expect the Rallye is similar.

Tom, On the BMW web site, click on rider care, look in the top right of the window that appears and click size chart.

M

I am looking to buy a Ralleye2 online but can't understand the BMW sizing! I have looked for a converter online but can't find one.
The suit I am looking at is a 42 whats that in real terms?
I am 5ft7 with a 30 inch waist and inside leg does anyone with a size 42 suit think this will fit?
Cheers,
Tom

I think a GB42/German 52 will be too big. A 42 trouser will fit a 35/36 inch waist.
If you have a 30 inch waist you should be looking at a GB40 or even 38.

Rallye 11.

Inside my jacket there is a lable which has different sizes for different countries(all european) and anothr lable which states " made in china"
must have cost BMW about a fiver to make.
dave gs.

The BMW web-site sizing chart provides Chest, Waist, Inside leg measurements in centimetres and relates these to the equivalent Euro size. It is then fairly easy to relate your actual measurements to pick the correct size.

Size 42 is actually listed as a Female size !

If your waist is 30" and a similar inside leg length, then I would have thought a Male trouser size 46 or 48 would be your starting point.

If you do intend to ride in winter and to zip the jacket and trousers together you need to allow waist room to tuck fleece inside the trousers. Some trousers like Streetguard have adjustable waists which is handy if when you ride all year with different layers.

Best advice is to go to a BMW dealer and try the suit on.

Size 42 is actually listed as a Female size !

I wondered whether anyone else would spot this - EURO 42 is indeed a female size.

So I looked up the Rallye Pro suit in the catalogue and it does not come in womens sizes.

Therefore it must been a GB42 or EURO 52.

Doesn't alter the fact that is probably too big though.

Back
Top Bottom