a new thread coming up

things I did that I thought were cool

things I'm embarrassed about

how I think I ride now

have a think about it, lets have a larrrrrrrrrrrrrf at ourselves

Rob

I'll just continue here

things I've done and ratings

10 mins after someone agreed to buy my fs1e and telling me not to fall off it,I said that I wouldn't and then did:D :D :D :D

first time I got the pegs down on my rd125dx:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

discovering that my x7 wheelied like a mad thing when cold:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

first proper engine rebuild of my honda 4oo four:thumb :thumb :thumb

falling off my z500 on a roundabout whilst following my mate ,he ALWAYS went through town , panic front end braking :blast :blast :blast :blast :blast

crashing my honda 400f with my (then) girlfreind on the back at 70mph, in jeans and wearing a wax cotton jacket:( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

discovering that z650s weren't as good as everyone claimed:blast :blast :blast

buying my z1000j2 and discovering that it went in top the way the 650 did in third:thumb

discovering that the z1000 pulled wheelies off the throttle and stayed up 'til you hit 3rd:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

riding down a road that I used to live on and grinding the stands , pegs etc, which led to----

crashing my z1000 at 130mph, the only crash I ever had that I wasn't worried about the condition of the bike, lucky, very lucky, I escaped with only 6 stitches

buying my gsxr1100h at the time norwich union just about pulled out of bike insurance, thay made it a lot cheaper as noone wanted big bikes:thumb :thumb

grinding the footpegs and the end of the can on the r11 at 120mph, that was a sweet handling bike after the crap that I grew up on, top bike:D :D :D :D :D :thumb :thumb :thumb

buying a gsxr1100k that had 150hp at the back wheel, I saw 180mph on the clock. that I am seriously embarrassed about, worst handling bike I ever owned

putting maxton suspension on my bandit 12, it made it a very good , comfortable and quick road bike, that one did 165 a few times:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

buying my first bmw, a k1200rs, 130hp, 150mph, a good compromise

gs1150 gsa, buying this is on a par with my gsxr1100h, both bikes are superb at what they are supposed to do:thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

as you can see my whole biking life I have basically been a twat, I simply haven't done it when others have been around , and that is what I really object to

please remember that I was a youngster when I did most of these things

you won't be that interested in the above, but if any of it amuses you , then good

let the piss taking begin:blast :blast :blast

he's a bit busy

lambing I think

the gs club are having a ride out in wales, camping etc at the end of the month, matkat will be there, I'm sure you would be welcome to tag along:augie :augie :augie :augie :augie

Rob

my previous post

makes me look a twat, it was supposed to.

I was lucky, by the time I was 18 I was a qualified m/c instructor with starrider, this meant that I got to ride with very experienced riders at a very young age
we also had instruction from the police regularly in advanced riding techniques
I passed my advanced test when I was 19 and was training to teach to the advanced level when starrider went bust
I was an instructor for close to 5 years and it was good fun
all the posts about lean angles are misleading
what actually happened was that I was lucky enough to ride 14 miles to work on fast a roads, before speed cameras were ever invented and they didn't have all those 30, 40 & 50 limits on good a roads, this coupled with owning the big bikes for an average of 4 years each and the teaching I'd had meant that I could gradually explore mine and the bikes limits

what I can't do is just get on a bike and ride it hard, it takes me about a year to get to know a bike

there are others with much more ability out there than me and I'm more than happy to admit it

I think I must have covered about 150000 miles on bikes, by god I am getting :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob

go on take the piss if you want to, but instead why don't you just post your story

Rob

Only thing you will learn

Ah yes, that's the man. Steve Knight went to my school...:eek:

I think we ought to get KakMat out to get dirty...:bounce1 I haven't had the pleasure yet!

I may even learn something.....:rolleyes:

I reckon the only thing you might learn of me is that it's only a bike, it's a GS so i don't care if i fall off off road and my bike does get an annual clean .....however, it is meticulously maintained, muck and dirt never hurt anything:clap :clap
However, if you want to know about paddling boats or lambing I might be able to help:aidan
In the meantime Kakmat(and i'm normally up to my armpits in it) will continue to :hide :hide ...............on a regular basis.
:beerjug:

Thats nothing!!! I came out my local pub after consuming 8 pints of guiness, tripped on my shoe lace/pot hole and got BOTH knees down.

WOO YEAH! I'm hardcore and proud!:D

Extra hard core

I managed to get my knee down,followed by my elbow and then got my head down straight afterwards.This however was Toyota assisted:thumb2

I reckon the only thing you might learn of me is that it's only a bike, it's a GS so i don't care if i fall off off road and my bike does get an annual clean .....however, it is meticulously maintained, muck and dirt never hurt anything:clap :clap
However, if you want to know about paddling boats or lambing I might be able to help:aidan
In the meantime Kakmat(and i'm normally up to my armpits in it) will continue to :hide :hide ...............on a regular basis.
:beerjug:

Well, I might just take you up on the 'paddling' as I could drastically improve on my 'J' stroke...:D

Ray Mears School of Survival

and as a level 4 BCU coach i can help you with the other 62 Canadian strokes as well........................ do you have a boat ??:thumb

oh christ don't ask him that we'll be here all week now... he's got one of them ex-canoe-training-school-boats off ebay for a £5 with some fancy ribbed white rope round the portholes? No abrasion not that sort of porthole!

If it floats

oh christ don't ask him that we'll be here all week now... he's got one of them ex-canoe-training-school-boats off ebay for a £5 with some fancy ribbed white rope round the portholes? No abrasion not that sort of porthole!

Well if it floats anything is better than nothing:D

and me

I'd be up for that Fred , I can borrow a couple off my mate, the one who lives right on the side of the wye, as good a place as any to start.
he lives just above monnington falls, do you know it ???

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

rob

yeap

I'd be up for that Fred , I can borrow a couple off my mate, the one who lives right on the side of the wye, as good a place as any to start.
he lives just above monnington falls, do you know it ???

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

rob

Yes Rob' we spoke about it before:thumb So if he has a couple of canoes and paddles etc, that means we have the basis for a West Mid's canoe trip on the Wye. DirtyDog plainly has a proper solo boat so maybe we can organize a trip in the wye...................... Gerry H. did a little weekend last eyar and boats can be hired from Glasbury. An alternative weekend to the bikes or a day out. Who'se interested, maybe a new thread needed:thumb

Jim, how's bollox sound you psycho humper...:thumb

Yes Fred, I have a MadRiver Explorer 14TT completely out-fitted too.

Thats a great solo boat...................good choice:thumb So if it's fitted out we could do some nice white water stuff maybe.............. mmmmm I feel a paddle coming on:clap :clap
I use a 16' kevlar prospector which I bought back from the USA when I moved back. Built in Canada, set up for solo and double, fully expedition rigged.weighs a whole 42 Ibs. Just have to miss the rocks:D
Be happy to go for a paddle with ya':thumb

Back
Top Bottom