what's fast

there is one

Yes Rob' we spoke about it before:thumb So if he has a couple of canoes and paddles etc, that means we have the basis for a West Mid's canoe trip on the Wye. DirtyDog plainly has a proper solo boat so maybe we can organize a trip in the wye...................... Gerry H. did a little weekend last eyar and boats can be hired from Glasbury. An alternative weekend to the bikes or a day out. Who'se interested, maybe a new thread needed:thumb

it's called border weekend, not 'til august though

I'm up for one anytime, well after my legs out of plaster , a couple of weeks hopefully

tony (the site owner) would be happy to run us up river as he has a proper boat trailer. I've been paddling for years but I've never had any lessons, I'm always up for learning from someone who knows more than me (but then that's not difficult in any subject:blast )

put some dates up that suit you fred, get the ball rolling:thumb :thumb

Rob

Thats a great solo boat...................good choice:thumb So if it's fitted out we could do some nice white water stuff maybe.............. mmmmm I feel a paddle coming on:clap :clap
I use a 16' kevlar prospector which I bought back from the USA when I moved back. Built in Canada, set up for solo and double, fully expedition rigged.weighs a whole 42 Ibs. Just have to miss the rocks:D
Be happy to go for a paddle with ya':thumb

Sounds a nice boat!

My boat is set up for two, although I was tempted to get the bow seat out and stick a thwart in. I've decided to leave it in and just use a mat stuck in the middle to kneel on when I'm solo, although I could do with something more comfy...:eek .

I must admit, it's a great boat, but it's bloody heavy. A Wenonah solo plus might be next on the list...:D

Don't get chance to go out and practise, so some tuition would be gratefully received...:thumb

Kneeling Thwart

Sounds a nice boat!

My boat is set up for two, although I was tempted to get the bow seat out and stick a thwart in. I've decided to leave it in and just use a mat stuck in the middle to kneel on when I'm solo, although I could do with something more comfy...:eek .

Far better to put in kneeling thwart to sit your **m on than kneeling all the time, it's hard on the knees even with karimat. Far better to have a thwart then you can take the weight of your knees. I think Brummie at Bear Creek sells kneeling thwart kit, easy to make though. I'll happily set it up for you for solo paddling if you like.........it's an excellent solo boat (and yes it's heavy) and an excellent boat to really practice technique in. It looks as though Rob' is up for it.................. If we have access to a couple of canoes plus bouyancy aides and paddles (I have a few:D) we could soon get a little possee going. The severn is always good from Bridgnorth to Bewdley, close to home and of course the Wye is altogether better. May I suggest a couple of paddling days and maybe even a canoe camping trip on the Wye. I reckon it's time for a new thread:thumb2 :D

Back
Top Bottom