Do any of you wear a kidney belt?

monkeeman

I suffer from the occasional bought of lower back pain (who doesn't?) but have never really got on with a full back protector. I've been thinking about getting a kidney belt to help my posture whilst out riding and of course to give me some protection in a fall.
Do any of you wear them? Are they any good? Any particular makes that stand out?
I've been looking at one from www.forcefieldbodyarmour.co.uk as a mate has one of their full back protectors and loves it.

I've used the BMW premium kidney belt everyday since November, I wouldn't be without it again :thumb

Always used one in my 'youth' on a crosser

Splashed out last week on the LIDL £2.99 special, coz I greew out of my 25yr old 'Gold Belt'
Took it for it's first outing today, definetley made a difference no backache etc, & warmer. Well worth the money !!!!!!!!;)

Snowman

'Stuff Milk & Cookies, gimme TITTIES & BEER'

I use one of they weigh lifter soft velcro jobs
Keeps kidney's warm and turns beer gut into moobs:eek:

I’ve worn one for years and wouldn’t go out without it great off road
And when worn on road I find it makes me sit up better and so I can ride for longer between stops

Last year in on holiday in France my wife forgot hers so kept pinching mine and I really noticed the difference

I have a nice vented one and wear it all year I think it was about £25
Well worth it

One of the great unsung assets of having a kidney belt on is that by reinforcing the transverse oblique muscles of the anterolateral abdominal wall it strengthens up the whole core musculature.

This changes the handling of the integrated bike frame/human frame structural unit...for the better. A virtuous circle that improves ejoyment and greatly forestalls tiredness.

I use a pleasingly effective one, for the last few years, that's made of the same clever Schoeller Comfortemp textile that BMW use in their rather pricey thermal wear. Being an off the peg Heine Gericke item it was very competitively priced, by comparison.

Top item. I use it all the time (unlike the BMW PCM thermal gear which only comes out when I go ice yachting etc).

Or go out on a limb with some really new technology:-

Kidney%20Belt.jpg

One of the great unsung assets of having a kidney belt on is that by reinforcing the transverse oblique muscles of the anterolateral abdominal wall it strengthens up the whole core musculature.

This changes the handling of the integrated bike frame/human frame structural unit...for the better. A virtuous circle that improves ejoyment and greatly forestalls tiredness.

I use a pleasingly effective one, for the last few years, that's made of the same clever Schoeller Comfortemp textile that BMW use in their rather pricey thermal wear. Being an off the peg Heine Gericke item it was very competitively priced, by comparison.

Top item. I use it all the time (unlike the BMW PCM thermal gear which only comes out when I go ice yachting etc).

Or go out on a limb with some really new technology:-

Kidney%20Belt.jpg

?????:confused: What he said! I use one as part of my body armour for off road riding but never tried it on road. (brilliant answer by the way !)

Forcefield Protection Back Protector

My back protector has a kidney belt built in to it. Very comfy and no hassle. Also re-assuring when worn.

Mine's called 'SWMBO' :aidan

p.s. Boundless.....hand on hip............soooooooooo

Attachments

• smiliegayfight.gif
    smiliegayfight.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 305
I have a Scott (orfroad) one for longer journeys only (too much faffing around for commuting). Makes a massive difference to back pain.

The pain comes from muscles fatigue rather than damage so anything that avoids that is a Good Thing

suffered from back pain for years, wore a kidney belt for years too.

stopped wearing it a couple of years back when i felt i couldn't really do without it and discovered that pressing down with my legs/feet onto the footrests was a lot more effective.

i then noticed that after doing this at the start of a ride, i could stop after a little while & suffer no more pain. only wear a back protector now when off road or snowboarding :)

Yep, always for long rides. I use a motocross belt that I've had for 24 years... and it wasn't an expensive one when new.

As long as it gives you some support without digging in anywhere, then it will probably help.

In cold weather, the extra trouser/jacket seal it provides helps significantly with eliminating drafts. It doesn't help with chess though. What?

Paul G

Yep use the one Lidl where selling recently for over a year, keeps yir back warm and you sit up better so you don't sluch when on the bike, would recommend anybody to where one for the comfort alone where it offers any protection is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom