rideout this sunday coming 25th march

There were a lot of beaks at Hartside cafe (11) abround 11'ish today any of you lot? I know Panzer were there cos I met him.
Unfortunately ground my rocker cover on the way down to Penrith.:blast
So how much is one a them??

£100 + vat, or pm me, I have a spare with a little corrosion next to the oil filler, £40 to you sir.

excellent day had by me, fell asleep on the couch at 7pm though.

photos will hopefully be posted today, time permitting.

I won't be out next weekend:mad: :mad: :mad:

because i will be in cyprus:D :D :D

Only 50 hours late!

Had a run across to the Lakes meself, today - great run - only 250 miles, but I'm goosed :rob

I'll attach the mapsource doobry - not sure if it'll be any use, but it's a cracking ride .....possibly apart from the bit up the western shore of Windermere, which on getting home and checking the OS map, would appear to be a footpath :hide ...... doable on a GS with Tourances - a couple of scowls from ramblists, but farmer didn't even stop fixing his fence to look at me :nenau

Beer time!

Attachments

• Lakes 250307.gdb
    78.7 KB · Views: 44
i did this route alongside windermere on my traily k1 road bike i must have met same ramblers twisting there faces, well off to morroco thursday for 4 wheel drive suyb tour

Quest strikes again

I was heading west on the B6278, approaching the A68 when the Quest bade me "turn left on unsurfaced road" - another classic: I came onto the A68 about 400m further south than if I'd gone straight on???

Attachments

• DSCF1164.JPG
    DSCF1164.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
Hartside out-bound

Spank Junior CXXVII refused to come out of the tank-bag last time...

Attachments

• DSCF1165.JPG
    DSCF1165.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 71
Hardknott looking south

Shortly before I passed a well-ard 800GS going t'other way...

Attachments

• DSCF1168.JPG
    DSCF1168.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 60
National Trust Fatwah

At the end of the road that doesn't exist :hide

Attachments

• DSCF1169.JPG
    DSCF1169.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 60
After all that I felt I desreved a beer and had an urge for a pint of Old Peculier at The Tan Hill Inn, but it would have made me late for cat feeding duties, so I hit the "Home" facility on the Quest, which took me back over Hartside, where I took on a can of Schweppes lemonade (so good) and a Mars bar - my first food since my Vegemite and crunchy PNB on toast 6 hours ago..
I also met the rider of the 800GS ascending Hardknott, which was well travelled, having been to Oz and explored Asia :bow

(Light is crap in this one: Sun on mist)

Home before 6.
Beer on board.

:beerjug:

Attachments

• DSCF1170.JPG
    DSCF1170.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 57
Cracking pics Chris, I love Tan Hill...makes me want to say fook work fill the bike up and go:beer:

After all that I felt I desreved a beer and had an urge for a pint of Old Peculier at The Tan Hill Inn, but it would have made me late for cat feeding duties, so I hit the "Home" facility on the Quest, which took me back over Hartside, where I took on a can of Schweppes lemonade (so good) and a Mars bar - my first food since my Vegemite and crunchy PNB on toast 6 hours ago..
I also met the rider of the 800GS ascending Hardknott, which was well travelled, having been to Oz and explored Asia :bow

(Light is crap in this one: Sun on mist)

Home before 6.
Beer on board.

:beerjug:

Would you believe it, he was pulling in to the cafe as I was leaving. Missed the mythical Chris kelly by a whisker. It's bloody easier to spot Bigfoot.:D

Would you believe it, he was pulling in to the cafe as I was leaving. Missed the mythical Chris kelly by a whisker. It's bloody easier to spot Bigfoot.:D

Yeah-yeah!... as me dear-departed Mum would've said "You'll say owt but yer prayers"...;)

Spotting tips: I'm not as hirsute as Bigfoot :nono

Back
Top Bottom