Norton Commando Interstate Mk 11 a 1974

The Interstate has just hit £3,000 with a day to go. So that's gone beyond what I was prepared to pay................already.

The Interstate has just hit £3,000 with a day to go. So that's gone beyond what I was prepared to pay................already.

It is common for today I'm afraid. Ex bikers who gave up the sport to bring up families, now having surplus cash to reminisce, have bumped prices across the board beyond the reach of some of those that have been stalwarts....:nenau
A discussion we are having on a classic bike site as we speak, is where will it all end....:nenau The trend will benefit but a few, alas at the loss of some of those that remained true....

It is common for today I'm afraid. Ex bikers who gave up the sport to bring up families, now having surplus cash to reminisce, have bumped prices across the board beyond the reach of some of those that have been stalwarts....:nenau
A discussion we are having on a classic bike site as we speak, is where will it all end....:nenau The trend will benefit but a few, alas at the loss of some of those that remained true....

But when you stop to consider, that at today's prices for instance, a new pair of 1200GS spoke wheels with discs and abs ring will set you back the best part of £1600 or an oversize tank for an HP2 is £1200 etc , surely a well sorted piece of british m/c history (arguably the best british twin of that era) £3000-ish is still good value?
Prices on good classic M/Cs can only go one way really. The Norton works out at the first year's deprecitiation of say a 1200GS.
I am not trying to justify bidding more than you intend to spend Eliminator :augie

But when you stop to consider, that at today's prices for instance, a new pair of 1200GS spoke wheels with discs and abs ring will set you back the best part of £1600 or an oversize tank for an HP2 is £1200 etc , surely a well sorted piece of british m/c history (arguably the best british twin of that era) £3000-ish is still good value?
Prices on good classic M/Cs can only go one way really. The Norton works out at the first year's deprecitiation of say a 1200GS.
I am not trying to justify bidding more than you intend to spend Eliminator :augie

Points to consider for sure.....:beerjug:

2 went yesterday, again on e bay, 1 for £3,300, the other for £3,800. So this one will probably go for more.

Makes the offer of the 750 roadster look a bit of a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom