Madrid Area

shuck raider

Gone Fishin'
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know nice places/roads to play on around Madrid? I've been asked by a friend who has a few days to spend in the area following a conference at the end of April. He's hiring a GS in the city and he and his mate would like to head off and explore the surrounding region. My knowledge of Spain is mostly of the northern region, and most references to Madrid on here seem to focus on how to get around it or out of it in a hurry :D

Any help appreciated, ta.

i stayed at the madrid F1 hotel in january.stay clear of city centre as they are digging the whole area up.sat nav was going 'off route re calculating' like crazy.the roads in and out of madrid are superb so you'll have no trouble having a play.:thumb

Well you could head North a bit to the mountains, or down towards Castilla La Mancha. If it was me I would aim a lot further South or South East, the good news is once you are out of Madrid which is very easy you have a wealth of local roads to play with.

Around Madrid

Hi

This is Fran, I am from North of Spain. I live in San Sebastian, very close to pirenees and French Border but I lived nearly 10 years in Madrid.

Around Madrid you can find plenty of nice places to visit and roiads to enjoy.

There are few excursions to do: Visit to Segovia, Avila, Salamanca. All these are close and with gorgeous roads to get there as long as you escape from highways.

If you want more details send me a private message or e mail me to franro@pescafria.com

Best Regards

FRan

:rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob :rob

I agree with the above........ toured this area many times.

Don't forget Toledo :angel :angel .

Mike

I agree with Fran. Around Segovia is a lovely area with some cracking roads. I used to deliver beef to a customer there a few years ago and wished I was on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom