Warning for bikers going to France this weekend

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is a long weekend in France, starting tonight (Thursday). About reay to head for the ranch, and decided to check the TV news service for any heads up on traffic. Just caught an interview with a REMF that this weekend the cops are targeting foreign registered vehicles, specially motorbikes !!!

They showed one patrol stopping 11 bikers, withdrawing 11 licenses and possibly one will go to jail!!

So watch it !! On the A10, thyey showed on a 20 km stretch 4 radar controls !!

Cheers Mike,
We're going next weekend on 24/8 for 2 weeks to the Pyrenees,please could you keep me updated next week on any developments.
Apart from a small stretch of the A26 from Calais to Bethune,we'll be turning off the Autoroutes and cutting across country (even in Northern France - Pas de Calais - well that 's what a GS is for.........motorways........ hate them with a passion).
What are the D and N roads like,for Radar traps,better or worse than normal?
If necessary we'll use every D road across France and just ride longer,but at least we'll use the full width of the tyre.........and the pegs,if you know what I mean.

JohnnyBoxer said:
Cheers Mike,
We're going next weekend on 24/8 for 2 weeks to the Pyrenees,please could you keep me updated next week on any developments.
Apart from a small stretch of the A26 from Calais to Bethune,we'll be turning off the Autoroutes and cutting across country (even in Northern France - Pas de Calais - well that 's what a GS is for.........motorways........ hate them with a passion).
What are the D and N roads like,for Radar traps,better or worse than normal?
If necessary we'll use every D road across France and just ride longer,but at least we'll use the full width of the tyre.........and the pegs,if you know what I mean.

Just got in in Normandy, and there was 1 radar on the A13 (strangely enough towards Paris, while almost everyone was heading the other way). On the D and N roads, no radar. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

If you're heading through the Pays de Caux, stop by us (we live close to Fecamp).

I travelled by Autoroute from Italy to Calais recently. I spotted just one police radar trap. Just north of St Quentin.

They had a radar on a tripod plus a number of pursuit bikes. Cars seemed to be the target - not so easy to get a fix on a bike I guess.

I pulled into the Aire 500m up the road for a drink and they had a van waiting for those with a guilty conscience.

On the way to Italy we used mainly N & D roads and never saw one police speed trap.

wessie said:
I travelled by Autoroute from Italy to Calais recently. I spotted just one police radar trap. Just north of St Quentin.

They had a radar on a tripod plus a number of pursuit bikes. Cars seemed to be the target - not so easy to get a fix on a bike I guess.

I pulled into the Aire 500m up the road for a drink and they had a van waiting for those with a guilty conscience.

On the way to Italy we used mainly N & D roads and never saw one police speed trap.

True, but they announced that for this weekend it's the 1) foreigners, and 2) the bikes !! Hence the warning. Maybe next weekend it'll be over, but the cops just need to be seen to go for everyone, not just F'rench.

Back
Top Bottom