Autocom B2B radio lead

JayGee

Reaction score
Just recieved the lead to connect my autocom to a bike to bike radio. I've already got a similar lead on my other bike but this one is different. It has a little black box in the middle of the lead with some components in it. Anyone have a similar lead with box and any idea what the box does?

Autocom make several leads with little black boxes in them.
What's the part number on yours?
We might then be able to help.

Regards,

It's a lead to connect a B2B radio, part no is 999 which I think just means it's a special lead for the radio (a wintec). the box has no numebrs on it but has some components inside. I ordered the same lead for another bike a couple of years ago and that hasn't got any box in the lead. Just wondered what it was suppossed to do.

Ring the factory and find out. Do let us know the answer so that we can help the next chap with the same question.

It makes it Work :augie

I had an Icom cable that worked with losts of other radios but not the wintec, ordering the 999 "wintec" cable solved the PTT problem and it worked as advertised.

it's a bit on the large side, I do wish autocom could make these boxes smaller.. they take up more space in my GS than the autocom itself :nenau

HI i Just made some leads for your same wintec radio/ autocom combo.
youll probably find its a 1:1 audio transformer stopping an earth loop which causes incompatibilty problems. i use the same radio and had to use a transformer or the audio doesnt work fully.
if you need help with wiring give me a shout.
Similar transformer required when you wire up the audio from my garmin 2610 to autocom unit. the garmin puts out pulsed dc audio which the autocom doesnt like. pop a transformer in line and its cures the prob and works nicely without any interference, saving £35 for the autocom lead(transformer cost£1.78)
Regards Paul

If the lead is for a Wintec A80 LP4502-E the small plastic box contains an isolation block and the correct connections needed for the correct connection. We special build two different Wintec leads and the LP4502-E needs the block to work.

Thanks for the info., I have another lead with no box on my other bike with a Smart 7 autocom and wintek A80 LP4502 and it works fine which is why I wondered about the box. I'll try it with my new Active plus and see how it works. I know a few people who have had trouble with earth loops etc so the transformer/isolation block makes a lot of sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom