Washing Arai Helmet Liner...

(RIP) Bobble

Toss'ed about a bit
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need a bit of help please, I've decided to wash the lining of my Arai Astro R, Does anybody know if you just throw it in the washing machine with the rest of the clothes or does it have to be done by hand in cold water etc? Can't find the instruction's that came with it :blast

I`d recommend hand washing it in the sink.

Use an antibacterial hand wash or a baby shampoo then let it naturally air dry.

Cheers Tarka :thumb2

All part of the service :augie :D

Don`t get the water too hot.

Rinse the liner well.....gently squeeze the water out without 'wringing' it.

Be prepared for a shock at the sight of the water turning black from all the shite in the liner.:eek:

I put my Arai Tour X liner in the washing machine and it was ok but a bit fluffy!! Smells a lot nicer!! Cor that stink of testosterone has now gone!!:thumb2

I use the hand wash with baby shampoo method myself and it works very well indeed.

First time I did it I was shocked by the dirt of the water but it works well as long as you let the liners dry naturally over a couple of days.

Always thrown mine in the wash with the rest of the smalls.Top tip tho is to use one of those mesh wash bag things that you put your socks and pants in and that stops the liners rubbing on the rest of the wash and becoming fluffy and pilling.
Freshtastic.

Back
Top Bottom