DRZ advice please.. cans, sump guards and indicators

I also bought some stuff from the Thumper Shop and had no problems with import duty.

Greg

Just a follow up on the subject of skid plates, I had an FPP carbon kevlar plate delivered yesterday and got it fitted on the bike last night.

DSCN0994.jpg

I found it on Ebay and the previous owner had never used it off road so it was in as new condition.

The plate is about 10mm thick, made of carbon fibre and kevlar and is designed for off road use rather than just to look good. :augie

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

DSCN1002.jpg

Not impressed with the supplied mild steel bolts but these have now been replaced with some stainless items.

FPP are in Israel but sell their products on Ebay, the skid plate is £55 and a set case guards, fork protectors and platelate is £150.

It looks like it may be a triumph of style over functionality - it doesn't offer much protection for the vulnerable water pump.

Greg

It looks like it may be a triumph of style over functionality - it doesn't offer much protection for the vulnerable water pump.

Greg

i see what your saying greg...my CRD metal one comes right round in that area same as the other side too

05792.jpg

Oh and I also went for the carbon fiber pack. It's excellent value. :thumb2

According to something I read there is a plastic/rubber bit somewhere over the front sprocket. Does anyone have a picture as mine's missing and I want to keep the noise down to a minimum.

Took cover off and front sprocket was completely loose! It was only held on by the washer behind it that had bent sufficiently to stop the nut turning and coming off. :eek:

Now running a 16 on the front 44 rear (was 15/45). I'll post pictures sometime during the week. :gringo

fitted an acerbis rear led and numberplate holder

looks great now :D

i'll add pics later

You can sandwiching some high density foam between the engine and guard as it will stop the gap filling up with mud and crap - you can buy the proper stuff online or improvise, it is well worth doing :thumb

mine has big holes in it so not a problem..i blast it out with hose pipe anyway

(old pic btw NOT showing my new acerbis rear light)
05792.jpg

Unless you want the frame to rust I wouldn't be doing that. ;)

+ Corbin seat here in a week, so Suzuki Gel will be for sale.

Back
Top Bottom