Brake shudder

Bike Tart

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just enjoyed a lap of Tasmania 'race track' (4000km in 2 weeks). The GS performed brilliantly mixing it up with a Mille and an R1. One problem I noted was under hard braking (ie 130kph down to 30 into a hairpin) the front brakes shuddered. On the odd occasion the ABS also activated in same conditions, releasing the brakes just when I needed them the most. Unfortunately the GS is out of warranty. Haven't had a chance to get it checked yet. Anyone experienced this?

Regards, Tim.

Yes mate, but in my case all my brake disks are slightly warped so they shudder a bit on medium braking but are OK under light and heavy braking. Your bike probably just caused the front tyre to momentarily skid, activating the ABS.

I will most likely be replacing the stock BMW items with cheaper (and nicer looking/better made IMHO)Galfer wave items shortly:

Galfer front wavy disks are £118 each inc Vat from Hein-Gericke stores.
Galfer rear wavy disks are £105 each inc Vat also from H-G stores.

IIRC the stock front disks are about £170 each........that little Brembo circle mark aint cheap !

P.S. Hein-Gericke might do international sales via their website, they are the biggest European retailer with 146 stores.

www.hein-gericke.com

(No I don't work for them)

Chears Adam, was thinking the after market option is the go. The Galfer's look trick and I like the bit about being cheaper than original.

Regards Tim.

Back
Top Bottom