Help needed with broken gearbox in Spain....urgent please!!!

gazinky

Help needed with broken gearbox in Spain

Hi there,

:blast
I am on my way to Morocco and am stuck in Spain, near Sevilla, with what looks like a broken gearbox on my 1992 GS100 PD. Top gear is completely lost and the bike makes screaming noises. Any ideas for a quick fix or maybe you coincidentally know a brilliant mechanic near Sevilla or who knows, you are just heading my way with a new gearbox that you just happen to carry along?
Gary.

Gary.......post a phone number if you've got one......I know a couple of blokes in Spain who might be able to help and I'll pass your number on.

There is a BMW Mortorrad dealer in Sevilla you could try as well.....

Todomoto, S.L.
Avda. de Jerez, 46

41012 Sevilla
Teléfono: +34 954693073

01348_IB.gif

Also you could try Russell Howard from GS Heaven....they rent out GS's but they're based in Malaga.....Russel's a nice bloke and might know someone who can help or be able to point you in te right direction at least.
his contact numbers Phone: 0845 0046398
Mobile: 0034 - 664 247 828

Good luck, and let us know how it goes :)

Bill

PS Russel's a Brit so he parlayz da lingwa ;)

I'm trying to get hold of Kenny who may be able to shed some light on whether it can be easily repaired. No joy yet but I'll keep trying.

Gary.....a TXT is on its way to our man Spanish Bob, who lives, er, anyway, it's on its way, but he's in Barcelona so it's unlikely to yield much I'm afraid.

I'll cross post this to get a bit more attention on the board for today .......keep us informed mate so we know you're getting the info :thumb

b

Thanks Bill

Gary.......post a phone number if you've got one......I know a couple of blokes in Spain who might be able to help and I'll pass your number on.

There is a BMW Mortorrad dealer in Sevilla you could try as well.....

Todomoto, S.L.
Avda. de Jerez, 46

41012 Sevilla
Teléfono: +34 954693073

01348_IB.gif

Sorry if you get loads of these messages, but for some reason the site keeps telling me I'm not allowed to reply. Anyways, Gary is safe in a hotel and has contacted Russell, who will get him in touch with a mechanic. So many thanks for your help. Gazinky. Gary's phone: 07808845477

:clap :clap

Hopefully some more airhead geezers will pipe up with suggestions but good to know (if hard to work out exactly what's going on) that you're safe and well.
:)

Hi All,

My brother and his riding partner are in spain and were just about to hop to Morroco when the gear box on one of the bikes went. Someone has mentioned that there are one or two X-pats in spain who could fix it.

If anyone knows of them could you please contact us with some details in any of the following ways...

My brothers direct mobile in Spain (Spanish code) 07957592997

My UK number 01524 596130

My e-mail mmurfitt23@aol.com

Thanks alot

Matt Murfitt

Matt...there are a couple of threads on this- the main one that Gary started has all the info on it and I had assumed from the response he put up that he'd got the info we found for him and was safely tucked up in a hotel with a contact able to help him........HERE

The other contact that I mentioned on that thread is unfortunately in Barcelona so although I haven't heard back from him, is unlikely to be able to be of much assistance I'm afraid. :(

I'm away to zomerzet on the bike tomorrow and have got crap moby reception there, but please do post again if there's any more info needed.....there's also a few guys watching the thread and your brother's problem in the airhead section and hopefully someone there might be able to come up with a suggestion as to what the problem is, though obviously it's difficult if not impossible to diagnose such a problem from a distance.

I hope he gets sorted and I'll look in on that thread in the morning and bounce it up so that more people get to see it if it hasn't bubbled up to the surface already by then.

Good luck :thumb

Bill

I had a similar problem in Germany in 2003. I ended up leaving my airhead GS with a dealer who also rented BM's out. I arranged for my Breakdown Recovery people to pay for a weeks bike (RT) to enable me to carry on with my trip through Europe. I then got Sherlocks to ship a dearbox straight to the dealer to be fitted whilst I was away. Came back a week later, everything was done, swapped bikes & rode home.

It's the output shaft bearing ( input end) -

Shame i've just come back through Spain , i could have done that for you at the side of the road. :augie

Back
Top Bottom