Can I Order The Good Weather Now?

THE DOCTOR

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've booked 3 nights in Ballachulish, anyone got any good 'must do' roads around that area? I want to see Skye & the general Glencoe area.

I rode to Wester Ross last year (my 1st time in Scotland) & I loved every minute. I stayed in a lodge by Loch Torridon (Ben Damph), wow, what a breathtaking part of the country that is. I decided then to come back this year & do it again.

So, I'm fairly new to Scotland & want to take some stunning landscape photos with my GS in the foreground, any recommendations?

(note to self: avoid the distillerys, I wasted a whole day last year with a hangover)

My photostory of last years ride to Loch Torridon.

So many, where to start...:nenau

The A835 up to Ullapool is a cracker once through Contin..

Then carrying on North to Durness...

A838 is good too along side Loch Shin

Or, head south through Ft Bill then cross over on the Corran Ferry and do the Loop on the A861 to Lochailort then back down the A830..

If you haven't been there yet, get up the pass to Applecross....:thumb

If you get onto Skye, make sure you go or return via the Glenelg Ferry...great view dropping down to Shiel Bridge...

Weather....you get what's coming, and Love it...;)

So, I'm fairly new to Scotland & want to take some stunning landscape photos with my GS in the foreground, any recommendations?

Na, its all pish up here. :augie
138502811-M.jpg

Some more pictures here

You’ve picked a great base and probably the best time of year. Weather/midgie wise.
Have a look at some older post in this section or look at our leg of the Pink Way Around.
Head north from Ballachulish and you cant go wrong really.

Thanks CC, Applecross has been suggested to me before. :thumb2

GC, just had a quick look at your photos, I'm gonna get a cup o'coffee & spend some time going through them. :thumb

Where's the nearest BMW bike dealer to Ballachulish?

(just in case I need anything! :augie )

Or there is Calterdon at Inverness, about 15 miles closer and a lot nicer run to get to it from Ballachulish, especially if you venture north

If you were to need anything doing and they were in a position to help you, they have a wee flat attached to the showroom you can stay in FOC if they can't sort you that day...

Or there is Calterdon at Inverness, about 15 miles closer and a lot nicer run to get to it from Ballachulish, especially if you venture north

If you were to need anything doing and they were in a position to help you, they have a wee flat attached to the showroom you can stay in FOC if they can't sort you that day...

Thanks CC, that's worth knowing.

Motorrad Central in Bishopbriggs is perfect though, I punched it into my Garmin & it was less than a mile from my original route up from...did I mention I was riding from France? :cool: (Nantes, nr. Le Mans)

I've added Calterdon as a waypoint anyway even though I don't recon I'll be that far up. I plan to stay around the Glencoe, Skye, Applecross, Torridon area.

(btw, I've just received an e-mail from Motorrad Central...

Yes we do indeed have coffee available and it's free!

Regards JD
)

:thumb2 :thumb

I'd a thought that it would be a lot quicker simply takin the M6 north from the Wirral...:nenau :D

:augie
I work for Airbus UK & our bike club is riding to France to join up with the French & Germans for our annual biker bash. I thought I'd do Scotland afterwards! :beerjug:

Kinlochleven Loop!!

If your based at Ballachulish then make sure you include the "German Road" from Glencoe village to Kinlochleven ( the Ice Factor is worth a look here?) then along the north shore of Loch Leven to North Ballachulish - absolutely crackin' road and crackin' scenery:thumb2 - though it maybe needs TWO laps to enjoy the road AND the scenery at their best:mmmm

Cheers..............Grizzly:beer:

Back
Top Bottom