Ebay - Tour X Helmets

I will look out for a Tour X next time I am in Hong Kong!

Thanks for the tip!

ive found buying new on ebay ends up with recieveing seconds. that seems to be the deal with trainers at least. but im sure helmet suppliers would never let anyone get their hands on second quality helmets.. personally i wouldnt ever buy from hong kong etc the tax is too high in most cases.

Also likely to be different shell head shape, ie non-European. I'd never buy a lid without trying it on me head first :rob

So now I'm in Singapore. I have located the ONLY Arai dealer in the land. They have the latest Tour X helmets in for GBP200 albiet with 5 top vents and completly different graphics.

I have tried the helmet on and here are my concerns:

1. NO British KITE MARK. Is this a legal requirement in the UK.
2. In the UK my Arai Tour X size is large. In singapore I found the the helmet gave 2 painful pressure points. One on the top of the forehead and
the 2nd at the bottom of the rear of the skull. However the XL does fit. My worry there is I'm making up for the wrong shape helmet with the extra padding in the XL?

I would appreciate any help given.

sax :Motomartin

In the UK my Arai Tour X size is large. In singapore I found the the helmet gave 2 painful pressure points. One on the top of the forehead and
the 2nd at the bottom of the rear of the skull. However the XL does fit. My worry there is I'm making up for the wrong shape helmet with the extra padding in the XL?

I think you have answered your own question. Arai make 3 or 4 different shape lids for sale in various parts of the world as far as I know. Your in Asia and more than likely have a European shaped bonce so they won't be a perfect fit.

So now I'm in Singapore. I have located the ONLY Arai dealer in the land. They have the latest Tour X helmets in for GBP200 albiet with 5 top vents and completly different graphics.

I have tried the helmet on and here are my concerns:

1. NO British KITE MARK. Is this a legal requirement in the UK.
2. In the UK my Arai Tour X size is large. In singapore I found the the helmet gave 2 painful pressure points. One on the top of the forehead and

It's not just the kite mark you have to think about but the EU standard which from memory is 22-05.

With the different sizing and shape is £200 really a good deal?

Thought as much. Thanks for confirming it.

Do Asians in the UK have trouble with the fitment of a European Bonce styled helmet? :augie

Cheers again, will buy a UK one. Not those tragic GS colours though!!!

What were they thinking!!!!:blast

Thought as much. Thanks for confirming it.

Do Asians in the UK have trouble with the fitment of a European Bonce styled helmet? :augie

Cheers again, will buy a UK one. Not those tragic GS colours though!!!

What were they thinking!!!!:blast

If a helmet fits you it fits IYSWIM.
Arai are the only peeps AFAIK that make different shell sizes so personally I would not consider it an issue if I was a different size in the UK and Asia, providing it fits comfortably.

I quite like the tragic GS colours :eek:

Andres

Attachments

• TXCHALLRED.jpg
    TXCHALLRED.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 197
ebay helmets

If a helmet fits you it fits IYSWIM.
Arai are the only peeps AFAIK that make different shell sizes so personally I would not consider it an issue if I was a different size in the UK and Asia, providing it fits comfortably.

I quite like the tragic GS colours :eek:

Andres

have bought a couple of helmets new from Nightingdales on ebay and been absolutely delighted with them,its like anything whats your head worth!:cool:

Just bought a Tour X this week from JWG in deepest Sussex for £239.99
ie £60 off seems a running deal that they have.
http://www.jwg.co.uk/

I bought a RST jacket from them. A couple of the zips went on pockets. I was not worried as I was about to buy a BMW suit. The salesman noticed it and gave me a new jacket there and then - no quibbling and no receipt needed. I was very impressed. :clap

By the way saw that JWG had a Spada clone "Ewen McG BMW suit". Waterproof, breathable CE armour lots of vents etc for £139.99. No detachable sleeves though - trews are £99.99
Spada used to be a reasonable make so worth a look:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom