Kisan TailBlazer w/ Motorrad Elektrik 40 LED taillight

Maybe you do...but it`d be illegal here.

Illegal eh! Hummm!

Because it automates a blinking pattern? Or just because it is not-original equipment?

A long time ago I heard that in Japan you couldn't do hardly anything to modify a vehicle from its original equipment version. I don't know if that is still true, but it would certainly frustrate Americans.

Of course you could pump your brakes manually in a manner just like this unit (with a little practice). The primary organization here that organizes safety training, MSF, recomends that you flash your brakes to be more visible to the vehicles behind you, this just automates that every time. Perfectly legal here.

It is interesting to see how things differ around the world. It never occurred to me that it would be illegal in the UK.

Cheers!

Because it automates a blinking pattern?

Yep.

Because it`s not a 'steady' light.

Of course you could pump your brakes manually in a manner just like this unit (with a little practice). The primary organization here that organizes safety training, MSF, recomends that you flash your brakes to be more visible to the vehicles behind you, this just automates that every time.

That`s known as 'cadence braking' and is recommended for rapid and controlled braking on slippery surfaces.

Hmmmm ...

I've got the LiteBlazer from NippyNorman that flashes a set of LEDs as you brake. Mind you, it also runs two blocks of LEDs as running lights. Very bright and very noticeable.

Two traffic coppers who are RoSPA examiners were very keen to buy one 'cos they were so bright and might help the dozy car/bike driver behind you become aware that you're slowing down.

Back
Top Bottom