Any one seen /used these Gel Pads?

thauma

Reaction score
Hi,

been nosing around the web and came across these "Comfort Gel Seat Pad Large 270mm x 330mm approx (Product Code: 500686)" from MandP

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=500686

and wondered if anyone had tried them. They're a lot cheaper than having the seat remodelled, and I'd only use them for longer trips as the seat is OK for normal / local jaunts - actually thinking about them in combination with a sheepskin. The sheepskin seemed to be reasonable last year, so just looking for something to allow a bit more time in the saddle.

Cheers

Dave#...

I've had one for around 6 years now and used it on several long trips. My experience has been that at times it seems to work well and at other times I get a sore backside sitting on it after maybe just 50 miles or so. Overall I think they are worth giving a go but won't work miracles if for example your not feeling too fit or are at the end of a very long trip. The straps can also have an annoying habit of coming loose from the seat when your getting off the bike especially when on a big trail bike.

Misconception of the masses

Gel pads or gel inserts do not really make a seat more comfortable, they only cancel out vibration.

Try an Airhawk instead. Even the cheap version is extrmely comfortable and enables long back to back riding days whilst on tour.

Back
Top Bottom