zumo 550 power failure

the visor

when using my 550 in car or on bike when it switches off with ignition it sometimes will not switch on again. even by it own battery power. battery has to be removed from unit and then re fitted then all is well for another while this has done this twice on me any body elese having probs like if so is there a solution or is it back to garmin with it

I've just had the same problem following a period of connectivity with the PC. I've just removed the battery and everything seems OK once more, but it's hardly confidence inspiring. :nenau

Are you on unit software version 3.2? Just a suggestion, I don't know if that would be a solution but I haven't had your problem and I'm on 3.2. Mine always gives the "continue on battery power yes/no" message and behaves itself correctly afterwards, whichever the answer.

Are you on unit software version 3.2? Just a suggestion, I don't know if that would be a solution but I haven't had your problem and I'm on 3.2. Mine always gives the "continue on battery power yes/no" message and behaves itself correctly afterwards, whichever the answer.

Yep, I'm on version 3.2, so I'm not sure what the problem is :(

You're in good company - see here Zumo Forum

Mine went dead after about 2 weeks and, as I didn't know about a possible fix by removing the battery, it went back to the supplier :blast. Got a brand new one within 1 week. Don't know what firmware the unit came with but I updated it to 3.2 before it went dead.

Hope Garmin are working on fix. :kissy2

mine is using ver 3.2 didnt do it for two weeks. as i used it in car but as soon as i used it on bike it went tits up .is there something in the ciggy plug thats stopping this happening my bikes wired direct to ign

mine is using ver 3.2 didnt do it for two weeks. as i used it in car but as soon as i used it on bike it went tits up .is there something in the ciggy plug thats stopping this happening my bikes wired direct to ign

Nope - mines hard wired too but I haven't had the problem (yet?)

apperantely they are replacing the batterys here in the uk. in the usa they replace the unit. dont think the battery will solve this issue

Visor - if I remember, next time I switch off the ignition while the Zumo's running I'll let it finish its countdown and switch itself off (as opposed to my usual of answering the power down/stay running question). Then maybe I will see if I get your problem.

BTW - I see from another thread that firmware/software version 3.3 is now available. Looks like yours is a hardware prob, but 3.3. is worth a try!

I had a similar problem where after being used in the car for a while, it wouldn't recognise the bike power mount, that was solved by Garmin replacing the bike mount.

A day or two after that, it wouldn't switch on at all - I took the battery out and used a flat bladed screwdriver to 'lift' up the copper leaf sprung terminals a touch and that fixed it ok.

Regards,

Mike

just got my unit completly replaced. so may have spare car and bike brackets

Back
Top Bottom