Zumo Powerlead with Canbus Fitment Q

Python

Hi there,

I have purchased a Zumo 550;and a extra power lead from Motorrad Concepts with the Canbus connector.

Q. where does it plug into - thought it was the Power socket until I got the lead and offered it up - too short and wrong type:blast . So anyone else fitted it on the R12GSA???

Thanks

J:confused:

Hiya J

Between the headstock and the front edge of the top of the tank cover to the the left of the top of the front shock
There is a wee socket tucked in amongst the wiring loom, it may have a blanking cover on it.

Click the smaller pic in this link to view the area

http://www.motorradconcepts.com/eshop/gps-systems/garmin/untitled/#

Stumpy

Cheers Pal,

Did not even think of hoping back on to their website for a look. I had all the panels off looking for something to plug it into and it was right under my nose hiding under a blanking plate!!

Cheers

J:thumb

Zumo Power lead

Hi Python, I was checking out the little socket on the loom. The cover on it is a bugger to get of. I had to stick a small screwdriver in to the side of it to release it. I thought the cable was a bit expensive ( near £40 ) for all it is. Think i will wire mine direct to the battery. OBisss

Think i will wire mine direct to the battery.
I did, but I might undo it because as son as you insert the Zumo into the craddle she powers up. A bit like hot-wiring accessories to a PC. Not sure whether this was related but I had my Zumo for a week before it gave up the ghost - wouldn't power up anymore not even via the mains, USB or the car craddle. The nice people at MNC sent me a new one within a week.

I learn something every day!

Just been to have a look at mine. Which bit of the cover comes off? Is it just the top flat bit of the cover? Or the whole black cup-shaped bit?

Thanks,
Robin.

I learn something every day!

Just been to have a look at mine. Which bit of the cover comes off? Is it just the top flat bit of the cover? Or the whole black cup-shaped bit?

Thanks,
Robin.

The whole black cup-shaped bit. It helps if you cut the tape which holds it to the headstock

Back
Top Bottom