1200 GSA mods

Trooper

I've got a few mods need doing to my bike.

1. Fit Wilber Suspension
2. Cut down centre and side stands.
3. As doing the above fit new exhaust pipes and fit Akra can.

I'm now living in the Bristol area.

Any recommendations would be appreiated.

Regards
T

.........recommendations on
  • doing the work?
  • where to get the work done?
  • or..............??
:)

Hi Andy

I fitted the exhaust myself wasn't difficult.

I do need someone to fit the suspension and cut down the stands to suit.

Regards
Troop

You're looking for a m/cycle mechanic then that charges considerably less than BMW rates :)
How much will the new suspension lower the bike?........maybe the stands will be ok without cutting down?
I know a nice guy but he's down here in Weston Super Mud

Hi

I need the stand cutting down by 25 mm or so.

Here's some piccies of the bike, only the suspension and stands left to do now :thumb2

20042007254_2.JPG

21042007257_2.JPG

You're looking for a m/cycle mechanic then that charges considerably less than BMW rates :)
How much will the new suspension lower the bike?........maybe the stands will be ok without cutting down?
I know a nice guy but he's down here in Weston Super Mud

On the subject dealers, I visited mine on Thursday as I am off to France/Italy in May and might need to get the bike serviced before I go. It's done 2800 miles since last seviced and will have around 4000 by the time I go. My question was about what I should check if I did over 6000 miles since last service.

We had a look at my bike and was told that the rear disk had worn to the metal.

Mmmmm I say you serviced it 2800 miles ago how has this happened, some coughing and spluttering with no eye contact and later asked for £50 for the disk pads and fitting (I would have had to leave the bike if not changed the pads) . I'll be seeing the owner next week I now am £50 lighter and have a rear disk that is scored and will probably eat pads now.

HEY TROOPER WHEN YOU GOING TO ITALY ME AND 3 OTHERS HEADING DOWN TO MONZA ON :augie 9TH TO 13TH OF MAY???

Sounds like fun, unfortunately we're not going until the last week of May.

Have Fun
Troops :thumb2

I had the same prob with rear brake pads - I went through the first set in 2000.

I had been playing on some china clay workings the surface of which is sandy with granuals up from dust up to 8mm.

It seems that the perforations in the disc collect muck which, if abrasive enough wear the pads very quickly.

Solution, keep the rear disc clean particularly if playing on damp sandy stuff. Fit harder pads and keep a very close eye on them. I'll be doing 4000 through Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica over the summer. I'll probably take a spare set with me - they're simple to change.

Back
Top Bottom