The Fords Ride

Noticed the flotation aids you have @ the back of the bike :D are they essential for ford riding

No, but they are for carrying the syphon tube and he gear oil for all the 11xx's oil I'll inevitably changing when we get back to the Hotel :D

Getting wet again. . . .

Can't wait. . . . .

Pure joy:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• Big Splash1.jpg
    Big Splash1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 133
Ok, here we go......I reverted to a backed up instal of windoze that I knew had mapsource working on it......

This is the route.........

Attachments

• llango-fords.gif
    llango-fords.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 139
This is the route log for it;

Attachments

• 2007 Llangollen fords.gdb
    43.2 KB · Views: 176
The route is 110 miles.....we're doing the best two fords first so that if it's getting on a bit in the afternoon, we can skip some of the last ones if necessary.

We'll be using the drop off system, but don't worry if you haven't used it before, I'll do a quick briefing on it before we leave the car park.

Please make sure you turn up with enough fuel to do the 110 miles.......there are petrol stations on the route but if we can avoid stopping to fill up, it just makes things go a lot smoother :)

PS Taff......the second ford is a cracker...it's a ride-in, ride along and ride out ford, so lots of action there if you can't make it to Corwen....I'd imagine we'll be there some time around 12.30- 13.00 but it depends on how sploshy it all gets at Corwen :D

I'm aiming to get back to the Hotel at between 4 and 5 (6 at the latest) and thanks to Timpo, we've got recovery of severely drowned bikes covered (It hasn't happened before though, so don't worry ;) ) and we'll stop off at a pub en route for lunch somewhere, so bring a few quid with you :)

Don't forget your cameras.....and if anyone has a video camera it could come in handy :D

Roll on Saturday morning!!! :clap :clap :clap

The route is 110 miles
I wanted to see a bit more of the North Wales roads so was going to avoid the "off-road" this time and go for the "road" option.

However, I'll think I'll do the "fords" one - a happy medium. :thumb2

Is there Ice-cream on this route :nenau

I wanted to see a bit more of the North Wales roads so was going to avoid the "off-road" this time and go for the "road" option.

However, I'll think I'll do the "fords" one - a happy medium. :thumb2

Is there Ice-cream on this route :nenau

I'll buy you an extra large Mr Whippy if you'll ride backmarker?? :)

It'll be good to have you along Clive :thumb2

Video Camera

As I have a video camera and no bike (courtesy of dropped valve being sorted - Thanks Clarks/BM). I will be coming up for the weekend in a box with a wheel at each corner.

It is a small box so I don't know if the right thing is try fords/tracks. If there is a slot in a vehicle I am happy to vid the proceedings. BTW as the world's most unhappy pillion I think it would be better as a passenger - get some shots en route too.

Is that do-able?

Neil

As I have a video camera and no bike (courtesy of dropped valve being sorted - Thanks Clarks/BM). I will be coming up for the weekend in a box with a wheel at each corner.

It is a small box so I don't know if the right thing is try fords/tracks. If there is a slot in a vehicle I am happy to vid the proceedings. BTW as the world's most unhappy pillion I think it would be better as a passenger - get some shots en route too.

Is that do-able?

Neil

Howzabout we try and find you a pillion ride for the trip instead Neil??

Some of the places we'll have to stop are on really small lanes....TBH I don't think a car along with us is viable :(

B

EDIT Though having said that, Corwen would be suitable...'nuff room to park and plenty of space.......it's the next one in particular where it starts getting a bit tight :)

Talked me into it...

OK I will pillion it :eek:
Will be in the hotel Friday night - see you there.
Can't see it anywhere but I guess we are talking 10am departure? Sort it Friday night.

:D

Neil

OK I will pillion it :eek:
Will be in the hotel Friday night - see you there.
Can't see it anywhere but I guess we are talking 10am departure? Sort it Friday night.

:D

Neil

10.30.......but see you in the bar anyway :thumb2

ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE A PILLION ON THE RIDE??????

(I'm two up already)

:)

Bit new at this.....

so here we go have been riding for about three months now, and really fancy doing the ford ride out, but dont want to hold anyone up. I have a dakar and have 500 mile old tourances fitted, will these be ok? Also what do I need to bring along with me? ( spares, tools and so on ).

ps

it taken me all week to manage to wangle the weekend off, and having to cover someone on bank holiday monday, but cant wait feel like a small child at xmas!

thanks for your help in advance

:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :cool :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

so here we go have been riding for about three months now, and really fancy doing the ford ride out, but dont want to hold anyone up. I have a dakar and have 500 mile old tourances fitted, will these be ok? Also what do I need to bring along with me? ( spares, tools and so on ).

ps

it taken me all week to manage to wangle the weekend off, and having to cover someone on bank holiday monday, but cant wait feel like a small child at xmas!

thanks for your help in advance

:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :cool :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

You don't need to bring anything along apart from a sense of humour and some socks you don't mind getting wet :)

There are some muddy bits to reach some fords by bike, but you can park and walk and watch at those ones if you like.....50% of people have done that at at least some of the fords on previous years.....you may well be egged on to have a go, but it's just fun and you don't need to do anything you don't fancy.

You won't hold anyone up either...we use the drop off system so everyone can ride at a speed they're comfy with.......several of us are already two -up, so we won't be caning it anyway...this is a gentle bimble with some wet sploshy bits as a bit of fun rather than a hardcore offroad session...so don't worry ;)

You'll probably do better than me anyway on your Dakar.....a GSA with a pillion on it behind a fat ginger bloke ain't the most elegant or appropriate vehicle to ride across rivers on.......

Bring it on!!!! :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Top behaviour

will be at camp site friday night, then miss noise will be joining me in the four wheeled box saturday pm for the evening meal:thumb2 :thumb2 :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :cool :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom