The Fords Ride

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
Just of the Phone with Mr Fanum....
He has be persuaded to do another Fords run this year:bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 By his new Squeeze ( she been squeezing him until he said yes:eek )

So I hope a few of you are up for it... or more likely in for it:D

bdoesmybumlookbiginthis.jpg

Attachments

• Llangollen 06.jpg
    Llangollen 06.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 458
You git..!!!

I had to log in again to see what you were gonna put Gary..I might have known it was gonna be that one!!:rolleyes:

(You shoulda used the Tim N Tina submarine impression one:augie )

Yes, there will be a Fanny Fords ride out of Llangollen, on the Saturday.......beginners welcome, doable on tourances but knobblies an advantage, twos up welcome (I will be :rolleyes: :D :hug )

Bill

There is also a strong rumour that Mr Tuned may even be getting his feet wet instead of being the official ford run photographer, and before wizzard chimes up I will probably be foolish enough to stand in the middle of a ford having my annual shower to take a video! If there is anyone out there not already seen the clip I'm sure someone will post a link!

Brian

"Yes, there will be a Fanny Fords ride out of Llangollen"

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist :aidan

Happy to ride as your back marker if you don't get any better offers

Brian

It just wouldn't be a UKGSer event if we didn't spend time chasing Fanny and trying to get wet. :thumb

There is also a strong rumour that Mr Tuned may even be getting his feet wet instead of being the official ford run photographer, and before wizzard chimes up I will probably be foolish enough to stand in the middle of a ford having my annual shower to take a video! If there is anyone out there not already seen the clip I'm sure someone will post a link!

Brian

Just clicked.. Knew you'd regret calling yourself Newbie eventually :D

This looks very fimiliar, I think I've been through there in my Land Cruiser, am I right in thinking that the view in the other direction is just a tree lined river bank with a gate in it?

Yup, it's Corwen, just up the road a bit from Llangollywhatsit. :)

It's a nice ford.

Bill, Have you got a Mapsource file with the proposed Ford run on it? I am still out of action till 9th May, but it looks like the whole family will be taking the car and camping. I can't see me spending all day at the Doctor Who museum somehow, so may well take my camera and take some "action" photos if I can persuade the wife to drive me to the best ford. :thumb

Bill, Have you got a Mapsource file with the proposed Ford run on it? I am still out of action till 9th May, but it looks like the whole family will be taking the car and camping. I can't see me spending all day at the Doctor Who museum somehow, so may well take my camera and take some "action" photos if I can persuade the wife to drive me to the best ford. :thumb

Yes mate, but it's on my main PC back in Dartford...I'll pop back this afters to get it and do a bit of work on the route as well (and frig up a power connection to my Quest...the bloody rain's rotted the live pin away again :rolleyes: ) and I'll post it before Friday.

The best ford to aim for though is Corwen......it's the widest and deepest, its very photogenic and it's also the firdst one we'll go to so timing your arrival will be the easiest......we'll be thereat around 11am I guess :)

See you there:thumb2

Note to self. Must pack the sealskins - must pack the sealskins, must pack the sealskins, must pack the sealskins...........

Circular routes..

Eh Bill hope you not got another circular route.. :augie though the tour was fun. I will probably be joining you again, as did the off road thing weekend before last in Rhayadar..

Last year was a ball. Great fun! :D :thumb

Oh dear, I wont be there this year, unlike last year with the camera, taking lots of 'got it wrong again' type fotos. Oh well, hopefully Tim 'n Tina can get across without submarining this time!!:p

Wish I was with you, sadly other committments come first, enjoy the run guys, and get loads of piccies on the site after, yeah?

:thumb2 :beerjug:

Eh Bill hope you not got another circular route.. :augie though the tour was fun. I will probably be joining you again, as did the off road thing weekend before last in Rhayadar..

Last year was a ball. Great fun! :D :thumb

Don't worry.......I won't be making that mistake again......It was a one off I promise :D

We may be struggling to get to the recommended ford in time - the kid has a paper round, so we won't be leaving Carmarthen till 8.30am .... and the wife will be driving. :blast

Will do our best to get there but if we can't, can you suggest another good one and an ETA.

We may be struggling to get to the recommended ford in time - the kid has a paper round, so we won't be leaving Carmarthen till 8.30am .... and the wife will be driving. :blast

Will do our best to get there but if we can't, can you suggest another good one and an ETA.

I've just tried to reload the routes from the previous coouple of years and I can't find the second CN disc (I reloaded windows the other week) so I'm afraid I can't say for sure until I can get the files back to the laptop, which does have a working copy of Mapsource and CN6 on it :(

I'll post back here as soon as I can , but I'm not goingto be back with the laptop until Thursday I'm afraid.

You can always give me a ring when you're close to the area on Saturday if you like, or text me and I'll let you know how we're getting on and where we are ??

Sorry, I'm really peed off with it meself......that bloody disc is here somewhere, just can't find it !!:blast

Just bought two pairs of knee length sealskinz at the london golf show!!

Will test them out on this ride .... maybe :D

Back
Top Bottom