Warm weather clothing

stroller

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What do you folks reckon is more comfortable for riding in our variable European summer conditions i.e. cooler in hot weather- leather or Goretex?

Personally, I don't find gortex as breathable as I'd like. (although mine isn't the latest cool type stuff) My leathers are vented (chest area) withe stretch panels around the innner arms and inner thigh. which is good, but still heavy for the summer, and when in Europe sometimes just too hot.

I'm tempted to try a mesh jacket, or some of the BMW kit, but then I'd be in danger of having more bike clothes, than normal clothes.

I think that vest, shorts and flip flops would be pretty cool (degrees C not street cred), but I'd probably kill myself (if er indoors didn't :mcgun :mcgun kill me first ). So it's proper gear for me.

Hi There
I use the mesh Hein Gerike two piece had it two years and used it on trip last year through France Switerland Italy Austria Germany Belgium Holland and Back through France In a very hot August
Couldnt fault it but took a rolled up waterproof for late night riding when temp drops

cheers:beerjug:

BMW Streetguard 2. Works in the wet and has been fine the last couple of weekends in the hot weather. Limited venting, arm pits only, but I think the heat reflective stuff works well. :thumb2

I use Rukka jacket in the winter and my Rallye 2 jacket in the Summer.
I use my Rukka trousers Summer & winter with or without the padded liners ....
Works for me! :thumb

Oh! I've also got the BMW long john / long sleeve wicker gear when it's REALLY hot - much better than cotton.

B*W summer trousers...

I've got a texport mesh jacket, think I might get some draggin jeans or BMW summer trousers

The summer trousers are excellent, mesh lining, comfortable in 30 degrees plus and hard wearing, knee 'armour' and they unzip into shorts.
I'll be getting another pair... :thumb

They get on ebay sometimes, where I got mine, £50 or so. :cool:

Charlie

The summer trousers are excellent, mesh lining, comfortable in 30 degrees plus and hard wearing, knee 'armour' and they unzip into shorts.
I'll be getting another pair... :thumb

They get on ebay sometimes, where I got mine, £50 or so. :cool:

Charlie

Vote for them too. And they zip to my Altanta jacket with all the zippy venty bits in - about as good a cool and safe compromise as you can get I think. Not waterproof though, so throw a one-peice on the bike just in case.

The key is to use technical base layers under gore-tex. If you just wear a cotton T shirt then it will absorb the sweat instead of working with the breathable layer to wick away moisture.

For changeable conditions you need multiple layers with different functions. I wear a base layer with a wind proof shirt over it, then a fleece and then a Rally II Pro suit. I find that as the weather warms up you can remove layers and stay dry and warm at anything between -5 and + 35 C.

Vote for them too. And they zip to my Altanta jacket with all the zippy venty bits in - about as good a cool and safe compromise as you can get I think. Not waterproof though, so throw a one-peice on the bike just in case.

The BMW Summer trousers sound really good, thanks for recommendation. Gonna buy a pair if in stock at SLM on Saturday. Are they just called 'summer trousers' or is there a special name for them, and what sort of extortionate price will I be expected to pay?

Cheers :thumb2

JDH

The BMW Summer trousers sound really good, thanks for recommendation. Gonna buy a pair if in stock at SLM on Saturday. Are they just called 'summer trousers' or is there a special name for them, and what sort of extortionate price will I be expected to pay?

Cheers :thumb2

JDH

They are called Summer Trousers - about £130 IIRC.

Beware though - they aren't actually breatheable material, just courdura. So a bit of breeze up your leg/through the leg zips is good on hot days. Some manufacturers do make ones with zip vents, but I can't remember any specifics off the top of my head.

The key is to use technical base layers under gore-tex. If you just wear a cotton T shirt then it will absorb the sweat instead of working with the breathable layer to wick away moisture.

For changeable conditions you need multiple layers with different functions. I wear a base layer with a wind proof shirt over it, then a fleece and then a Rally II Pro suit. I find that as the weather warms up you can remove layers and stay dry and warm at anything between -5 and + 35 C.

Mutley : A base layer of what? Can you expand a bit ...:thumb

Summer Riding

Just kick the top bedsheet if your going riding in the summer.

On sorry,misunderstood the question:D :D :D

Aha! I thought there was something else "new" out there that I wasn't already familiar with. Ta! :thumb

There probably is at the Motoraad cash extraction stand at the stealers. In fact I'm sure there is - I remember laughing at the price of it in Vines...

Back
Top Bottom