SW Motech upper bars, and lights......

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the SW Motech upper crash bars, and then fitted the "official" lighting kit as sold by BMWBIKEBITS ......link at top of page.....part code SWAUXLIGHT ?

Any good ?.......Waste of money ?.........

Cheers.....:)

I have the S&W bars on, top kit, well finished and fitted straight on in no time. Can't comment re lights, other than to say that the brackets are already fitted to the bars for just this purpose.
HTH, Phil. :thumb

hellafrontax6.jpg

hellasidehq0.jpg

and a pre light one
dscf0754up2.jpg

Went for Hella micro de fog lights rather than the SWM ones, as the hella quality was better and cheaper. The bars went on surprisingly easy:thumb

Thanks for the replies

I've got the bars on, and now fancy fitting the lights......I just wondered if anyone had used the one's that I mentioned.

Ned.....they look good. How did you wire them in? Do they come on with dip, or do you have a seperate switch?

Thanks for any info'........:thumb2 :)

There fog lights so come are wired through a seperate illuminated switch. Easy enough to wire in, just took the feed from the dip beam through a relay.

How does the top part of the bars (under the beak) fasten to the bike?

...and now the next question (inevitably) is..........:rolleyes:

Where is the best/cheapest place to get Hella micro DE lights, in the U.K.?

Cheers........:)

...and now the next question (inevitably) is..........:rolleyes:

Where is the best/cheapest place to get Hella micro DE lights, in the U.K.?

Cheers........:)

Is it cheaper to do the HID converstion yourself :mmmm mount the ballast's under the beak, and it looks like my1200 brackets will fit with the bars :D

Is it cheaper to do the HID converstion yourself :mmmm mount the ballast's under the beak, and it looks like my1200 brackets will fit with the bars :D

Sorry, I may have given the wrong impression...........I'm not going HID, I just want to mount a couple of Hella fog lights (non HID) onto the SW Motech bars......:)

Micro DE's £74.88 inc V & T plus post if that helps :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom