DRZ400S Oil leak from behind sprocket

With the terrif aid of Eddie (aka Hew on here, in fact he did much of it, i just watched..lol.. ) the new seal is fitted and new wheel spacers too.

Did you put a new O-ring inside the spacer?

:rolleyes:

Greg

Certainly did..

We certainly did.. the spacer kit i bought on ebay came with seal, o-ring and spacer all for about £14 or so. (Wheel spacers were another £14 or so).

So new spacer, new o-ring, new seal.

Have noticed a bit of difference now the Powercore exhaust is off.. the acceleration isnt quite as rapid. Didnt notice it at first as i was taking it easy due to the seal being blown when i took the bike over to eddies, but on the way home i gave it a couple of handfulls..lol. and yes there was a big noticeable drop in the speed of pickup BUT at my offroading level i was hardly using the throttles tope end, so expect it wont really make much difference. Might even mean the bike is a bit calm/less jumpy when i am off roading. Time will tell..

So Eddie.. Tim.. when you guys free :)

Fitted mine today. Sprocket fixer bolts both cheesed and had to get the drill out. Apart from that all ok. 15m job.

Fitted mine today. Sprocket fixer bolts both cheesed and had to get the drill out. Apart from that all ok. 15m job.

Get an impact driver. They only cost £5 on the market and will save you all that hassle in the future.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom