Best bluetooth hedset for zumo?

jbj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just invested in a zumo 550, and are considering buying a bluetooth headset.
Does any one have any sugestions or experience of one ?:confused:
The scala seems to get a few mentions, but ive not spoke to anyone who has actualy tried one:nenau
It will be installed on a Tour X.
Thanks in advance
John.:thumb

Hi All,
The scala seems to get a few mentions, but ive not spoke to anyone who has actualy tried one:nenau
Thanks in advance

Hi John I have the scala its dead handy to use but does drop the bluetooth connection from time to time.

Just about every bluetooth device gets dropped from the Zumo, it seems. For me it got better with the latest software release (3.2 as I type). Check out the Zumo forum for more info - what isn't on there isn't worth knowing :D

I use an iTech Clip headset - it works for me and was a fiver on fleabay. :D

zumo

Thanks for the input:thumb
Any one here had any problems actually fitting the scala:confused:

Thanks again

John.

Hi, I have just bought a Scala head set to go with my new 550. I have an Airoh flip front helmet and had no problems fitting it in. I have done a couple of test rides and as at this time have not had the problem of the 550 dropping the connection. It seems to be a decent bit of kit and is better at the voice dialing than my phone!
I paid approx £85 through Amazon, didnt think to look on fleabay for alternatives.

Hi All,
Thanks in advance

Hi John

I have been using a Scala for the last year on my Tour X and 2820. If you constantly have music playing through the scala it will not drop the B/T connection.

What I have done and I'm sure you can do to is to fit some reasonable quality headphone to the scala, Instead on a single earpeice I have dual with Ok bass, you just need to be able to use a soldering iron.

Cheers

Ty

Bluetooth Headset for Zumo

Hi there jbj and others,

I have a Zumo 550 and a Scala Rider Bluetooth Headset. Originally I had problems with volume control and dropped connections.

I have just been down to the South of France for a week, and it was brilliant. No problems with volume control, and plenty of volume at high speed. I found that every time I turned on the Scala Rider before setting off in the morning I had to tweak up the volume on the headset, as it resets to a low volume when turned off. I went 4 days without charging the headset, and probably could have gone longer.

I had no disconnection problems at all on the trip, between the Scala Rider and the Zumo. However, I didn't actually connect my Nokia N70 phone aswell, which is where I have had connection problems before.
Hope that's of some help.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom