Reaction score
GSA screen and Akrapovic exhaust.

Oh, I need some-one to stop by to trim the vines and wash the car.:D

Attachments

• bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 486
Nice looking bike. :thumb

But just out of interest, but have you noticed any scratches where the carbon fibre bracket frets on the can yet?

You might find that the OE exhaust clamp does not tighten around the Akrapovic pipe. You may therefore need to remove the "wedge" on the clamp to allow it to grip better.

Next mod you need to do is bin the headers in favour for the Remus ones

Thanks BTBR,

I read your post about the problem with carbon fibre bracket. I don't have the wedge on mine. I never saw one. I just got a bolt and washer. I just used the stock bolt because it looked better.

The bracket is tight, but you should be able to tighten it more, but you can't. For the cost of the Akra can, they should have a better bracket. I still have some small scratches too.:(

A remus header is next on my list.:thumb2

Your bike is really nice. It's one of nicest looking 1200GS's or GSA's I have seen.:thumb2

The bracket is tight, but you should be able to tighten it more, but you can't.

Thats because of the afore mentioned wedge situated in between the two ends of the exhaust clamp. It is this that prevents the clamp from being overtightened.:(

Take the exhaust clamp of the bike and put it in a vice, put the nut back onto the bolt (to prevent any damage to the threads, and then give it a good sharp knock with a hammer directly onto the nut.

The "wedge" is drifted onto the splined shaft of the mounting bolt. As well as stopping the clamp from being over tightened, it also holds the bolt in place with in the clamp assembly.

Simply drive the mounting bolt out of the wedge and also the clamp assembly.

Throw wedge in bin.

Refit clamp around pipe, refit bolt, add the securing nut and then tighten it up as much as you can. Run the engine for a few minutes to get some heat into the pipe/clamp assembly and retighten once again. :thumb2

Your bike is really nice. It's one of nicest looking 1200GS's or GSA's I have seen.:thumb2

Cheers. :eek:

:beerjug:

And another.

I have two small bolts on tighten the clamp on the can and one large bolt to attach it to the bike.

Attachments

• 103_2174.jpg
    103_2174.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 405
Very nice can... I was looking at one yesterday but in South Africa its almost a months salary

Back
Top Bottom