White Horse Historical Tour Sunday 20th May 2007

Many thanks Clive for a great Sunday. It's was wondeful to meet nice people, play with some mud and enjoy such a lovely countryside. A+

7cuero

Thanks very much for a great day out . It was so nice to be able to try the bike out properly having spent the last 11 months reading about all the things the 'tossers' do but not being able to join in due to breaking my leg.
Despite the bad start to the day dropping the bike before leaving Reading it was the most fun I've had on a bike for donkeys years and makes me glad I finally brought a GS having wanted one since I first rode one in 1983!
Looking forward to many more days like this in the future.
Cheers Goat

Thanks Clive,

I had a great day on on the HP2, very good route, perfect riding weather and a ice cream at the end, perfect. :clap

Looking forward to the next one? :thumb

Please don't take this as condecending, but...

I've got to say (I never got her name) that I'm still seriously impressed, having watched, how well the lady on the 1150 handled her bike and how effortless she made a lot of it look.

My hat is off to you, if I can master mine half as well I'll be very happy.:D

A good day out.

It was indeed - despite being on the only non BMW I felt right at home. I certainly enjoyed the gravel bits, if not on the really slippery stuff - although I can now see the appeal of those macho tyre treads - perhaps a spare set of wheels & tyres beckons :)
Having had to drop out at Avbury, I hope to be able to complete the course the next time.

Many thanks
Neville

Great day out, big thanks to Clive for putting it all together.:thumb2

Good to meet everyone and actually get the beasty off the tarmac.

Also thanks to Jezza (and others) for picking my bike up while I was sat a bit winded after an unexpected arse/grass interface, Bakerman for some v.usful advice on how not to repeat said interface and Pumpy for weird bruise reducing pills. Given the size of the bruises after the pills I hate to think what they would have been like without:eek:

I'll be at the 5th one for 2007 on Thur, beer awaits the various members of my recovery team:beerjug:

I've got to say (I never got her name) that I'm still seriously impressed, having watched, how well the lady on the 1150 handled her bike and how effortless she made a lot of it look.

My hat is off to you, if I can master mine half as well I'll be very happy.:D

Thank you, John... :blush It might have looked effortless but in some of the ruts I was not sure if I would make it through in a vertical position... :D

Here are my pics now (although as we have been so many, you must help me out with the names, sorry... :mmmm)

At the end of the first byway - not sure who it is in the photo but they hadn't noticed the sign apparently... :augie
154454644-M.jpg

Our run was not the only one of the day
154454896-M.jpg

Alton Barnes White Horse
154455115-M.jpg

Out came the refreshments - Gail, Rowan & msgs1200 (left to right)
154456184-M.jpg

Jezza and Clive, our spiritual leader, counting his sheep... 7 to 8 were missing...
154455572-M.jpg

So a new sweeper had to be appointed - Rowan & Gail
154455300-M.jpg

At Woodhenge we were all reunited - phew!
154456969-M.jpg

Just in case you are interested what the place is all about
154456655-M.jpg

Entering Salisbury Plain - funny that everybody avoided the puddly shortcut... :D
154457199-M.jpg

You can find all sorts of things on the Plain - tanks, UXOs, top boxes... :augie 7cuero
154457470-M.jpg

Hurry up, boys, I don't have all day... Daniela ready to go... :D
154457725-M.jpg

And another one of our countless breaks at Devizes White Horse (near Roundway)
154458070-M.jpg

Hind legs and tail...
154458419-M.jpg

Then another easy peasy byway... :rolleyes:
154460194-M.jpg

Bakerman taking the sensible route
154459495-M.jpg

But for most of us it was too late - there was no turning back in those ruts...
154459865-M.jpg

Approaching the Ridgeway from Avebury we had to climb a chalky hill - msgs1200 thought he'd rather have a quick nap before tackling the obstacle...
154453473-M.jpg

Hope you made it home ok, Martin! Don't forget to take your Arnica every hour... ;)

Clive, thank you very much for another great day out! :clap :clap :clap

Hope to see lots of you on Thursday! :thumb2

Ela

Hi guys

Here are my pictures

Attachments

• DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF0042.jpg
    DSCF0042.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 186
...and more pics

Attachments

• DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF0047.jpg
    DSCF0047.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 184
Great pictures, 7cureo - under the circumastances I'm pleased I made it up that hill, although live-action footage of a spill would have looked good!

7cuero, thanks so much for the photos, infact thanks everyone for a great day out it almost makes this worth it.

Attachments

• CrackRHS.jpg
    CrackRHS.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 149
Many thanks fellas.... my other half tried to capture the best moments. Next time let see if we catch the bloopers.

7cuero

Crikey...I could actually make this one. This is big traillie but not destroy your big trailie right :thedummy (mine is semi-retired :augie).

Back
Top Bottom