HELP Power Controler fitting 1200GS

Scroot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trying to fit a Wunderlich controler but on switch on of the ignition the green and red lights blink which tells me I have a connection fault. Have checked and all seems ok but is the system handed as the instructions do not mention this. If so what colour wires go to what side ? please advise left and right as sitting on the bike. It's a 1200gs. Regards Stuart

Mmmmmmm..........got dragged own the local 'early doors' so have not been in a fit state to sort proper piccies, sorry. Will PM you with my moby and you can give me a buzz tomorrow eve if you like and I can follow the wires through with you over the phone if that helps.

I assume you have the instructions? I don't recall the connections being 'sided' but, with mine I have the loom with the red wire going to the r/h pot and the green wire to the l/h pot and it all seems to work :)

Andres

Attachments

• DSCF2287.jpg
    DSCF2287.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 252
Just checked mine and:
- on the LHS, the wires going to the injector are Green and Red
- on the RHS, the wires going to the injector are Yellow/White and 2 No. Red

There is no information in the instructions as to which way round to fit it (don't know if it's handed), but if there is a 'right way and a wrong way', I guess I got it right by luck.

Scroot,

The blinking red and green is normal with just the ignition switched on. If it occurs whilst the engine is running, then it is a fault.

On switching on the ignition you should get the blinking red and green led's at either end of the unit. After starting the engine the led's will cycle left to right green a few times, then the display will settle down to normal where it uses the led's to indicate which mode it is currently in and where you can make any adjustments to the various modes.

The info sheet provided with the unit doesn't really mention this, but I have had mine fitted for just on 12 months now and it has always done this with just the ignition on, but works fine.

Regards,

Clive.

Back
Top Bottom