ZUMO 550 Music

grez

Reaction score
I have just got a Zumo 550 and am trying to make sence of the instructions. What I want to do is listen to music and get voice directions whist riding. I don't have a bluetooth phone and have no need to make calls when on the bike. Can anybody reccommend the best way to go about this, the desired option would be not having any cables from the Zumo to my helmet as I will get off without disconnecting first.

I get music on my Zumo with the addition of a 1GB SD card - they're cheap as chips. Just plug in the SD card and the job's a good un. I like the fact that I can plug in the SD card into just about any electronic device I've got and it'll play my current faves....

AFAIK, the bluetooth implementation on the Zumo doesn't support the A2DP profile so you'll hear everything in glorious low fi and mono.

Scala Rider headsets seem popular. I plumbed for a £5 iTech Clip III headset off e-bay. Try the Zumo forum, if you're not a member already, for more suggestions.

I have looked at the website but it does not tell me anything. What I need to know is what hardware I need. Do I need to connect something to the Zumo unit or just get a headset earpiece? I have no idea what any of these products do, hell I can only just master turning the dvd on.......any help in idiot terms would be greatfully accepted.

No problem - it's always difficult to know where to pitch in. :)

Any bluetooth headset will work with the Zumo. The problem is finding one that fits your helmet and your wallet ;) You don't need anything else. If you know anyone with a bluetooth headset you can try it all out

The Scala Rider is kinda 'top of the range' and comes with a top of the range price from Touratech. If you shop around you should find it well under £100.

Thanks......when it comes to this stuff I have no idea. If that is all I need I don't mind paying for quality as in the long run it is a far better deal than cheap stuff that only lasts a year. Now all I need is to wire the Zumo to the bike.....should be fun.

Well, there's plenty of advice about on how to wire a Zumo to a GS :D

I'd offer help there too but I don't pick up my new bike 'till next week...

I won't be doing mine till I get the mount from Mottorad concepts, and work gives me a day off one weekend so if you get yours done first can you take a few pics?

any low tech wired headset from a mp3 player will plug in to the zumo and work, but to go wireless, you may have a problem with the quality as the bandwidth of bluetooth isn't wide enough to give good quality playback :rob

I am specifically looking for a non-wired option so I don't break stuff when I get off with the cables still connected.

I am specifically looking for a non-wired option so I don't break stuff when I get off with the cables still connected

You won't get a non-wired solution. If you want to listen to good quality music on a motorcycle you need custom-made ear plugs with built-in speakers such as the Duocomm. These can be used with the Autocom system if you want an intercom.

The answer to getting off the bike with it connected is to get a curly cord for the rider connection on the Autocom.

If you don't mind spending the money this is the way to go - it's what I've ended up with and it works - good quality music at any speed and my ears are protected. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom