Copying mp3's to my Garmin Zumo 550 SD card

Allan Davies

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problems with the amount of mp3's I can get onto my SD cards, hoping someone can help !

I have the Garmin Zumo 550 and have bought a couple of 2 gig CD cards. I have tried copying over a load of mp's but when you get to about 650 meg (148 songs) it won't let you copy anymore, it says something like cannot connect to drive. I then tried the second one and got to 750 meg this time (158 songs) and it does the same thing. It has the latest firmware updates on it, anyone come across this before ? My PC does see the cards as 2 gig.

Thanks ! :)

Can you copy the files to the card with the SD card connected to a slot on your PC (not in the Zumo)

Or can you split the files evenly into a few sub-directories?

I've read something similar recently. The advice was to ensure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32. Many cards come with just a FAT format, which prevents the full data capacity to be used / recognised. Apparently.

Downside is that you'll have to lose (or move) all the data on the card...

I am transfering and reformatting now, slowly slowly. It appeared that the SD card were already on the correct format:blast , but hey re-formating them again. The next step is-- I am going to try and put them into different folders of 150 songs/650 meg ish each, to see if that makes a difference. Cheers for advice so far.:thumb2 SD card Type-- Kingston 2GB

Well thats that sorted:thumb2 not sure which thing sorted it but hey now I can fill all three SD cards up with music for my Irish:aidan and Austria tour.:thumb2 Cheers once again

Back
Top Bottom