Garmin V

Ian Dowsett

Reaction score
Anyone found Garmin V for a better price than £429 inc vat?
If so, where?

Ian.

I telephoned Kamla and the price they are advertising only includes One region unlock!

GPS Warehouse have the deluxe pack which includes unlock for the whole of Europe at £452 which seems a better deal.

In the end I bought mine from Bracken after speaking to John Hill and negotiating a discount including Touratech Mount and power lead.

It may be worth calling him before you order from elsewhere.

Regards

Gerry H.

anybody want my E-Map and mount ???
Tel. 01497 831669

garmin v

also avalible @ RIA tecnoliges in totanham court road for 430 all regions unlock incuded

Andy,

Some of the better GPS units have detailed mapping as an inbuilt feature. If you only want your GPS only for the UK then you can buy the unit with just the UK map enabled if you then want to take the unit into europe or any other region you will have to purchase an unlock code for that map.

Why!!!

One of our delivery companies issues it's drivers with GPS V's the drivers only work in the Uk by giving them only the area required the company is given the chance to buy the units cheaper, £40 to £50 each.

Most GS riders will probably go at least into europe so it's worth shoping around and paying a few quid more for a unit with more active regions.

The sad thing is it's all just a marketing ploy to add value and bump up the profits!

Of course you could always buy my GPS III that doesn't need any unlock codes :D

Rob Farmer
95 R1100GS
Loughborough
Leicestershire

Martin Lynch and Sons Northfield Road W13 will sell you a gpsV deluxe with all the bits for 450GBP, ask for Chris.

Back
Top Bottom