Unknown Cumbria

I've just been looking at tomorrows weather and it doesn't look good:(
So before I get a good soaking, are you going ahead with tomorrow?
I won't think bad of you if you decide to postpone the ride:augie

Last edited:
Chris, my Daniese Goretex jacket should be available (if I win some very expensive stuff on ebay). Will let you know. It's too big for me so should fit you. ;)

Chris, my Daniese Goretex jacket should be available (if I win some very expensive stuff on ebay). Will let you know. It's too big for me so should fit you. ;)

Too big for you is no guarantee it'll fit me...Feckin' Hein Gericke had nowt for the robust gentleman biker, today...

Ended up with Alpinestars Jet Road Goretex, reduced from £350 to £199 at M&S on The Hill.

My bikery next weekend is cancelled - (we're going in the car :( ), so providing it's still on, tomorrow would be a good test for me new threads.

As long as I don't get too mashed tonight...:eek:

Weather

Looks like weather for Sunday is crap.

Shall we see how it is in the morning? Send me a PM or post here if you get this message and I will know everyone who was coming is aware that the ride may be off

David

I'll need to leave shortly after 9 to get there in time, fuel up etc.
I'll check before I set off:thumb2

Ok I`ll check tomorrow.
Anyway it`s only a bit of water :augie says he who live 25 mins away from Keswick :D

My bike's now back together so I'll pop along.

Anyone who's travelling to Keswick on the A69 I'll be at the first pit stop on the left after you turn onto it from the A1 at 8:30.

i will miss this one out sorry,take a rain check do to speak.:)
thanks for advertising.maybe make the next one?
have fun ifyou are going.

Sorry chaps me bottle's gone.

(Cumbriabeems informed)

Last edited:
Good Day

Well folks, a good time had by all.

We had 4 people - us two, Andrew and Big Lee setting off from Keswick at 11.00
Over Whinlatter Pass and on to Cockermouth, Maryport and Allonby.

Then tea at Mawbray and Fish and Chips at Silloth. Following that was a trip round the Anthorn, Bowness-on-Solway and Port Carlisle 'island'.

Up to Carlisle and the A69 road to Brampton, then turned of to Alston. This is where the rain came down very heavy and I discovered that my Richa £199 jacket is as waterproof as a bath robe - soaked right through. :eek: Its going back to the shop.........:rob

At Alston Andrew headed off back to Newcastle and we carried on to Harside for a dry out then back to Penrith - Keswick and A66 to home. Stayed dry from Hartside !!

Looking forward to the next ride out - a great day - cheers guys !!
For those who could not make it - see you next time.

David & Lyn
:beer: :guitarist

Dry at Hartside?....;)

5 mins away and the heavens opened. Got _soaked_on the way home. :thedummy

Great day out, lots of nice roads and places I'd not been to. Now for the Scotland Tour Part Deux...

PS) Those that didn't go are big poofs. :ymca :thumb

Big poof #2 here (XXL): I would have slept in anyway, except the old fella from across the road knocked on the door at just after eight.
Blocked gutters. Can I borrow your ladders. Obviously can't let him climb....

:angel

Back
Top Bottom