Unknown Cumbria

cumbriabeems

Tour coming up of all the wierd bits of Cumbria.

Coastal roads - Solway Plain - Left hand side of Hadrians Wall - Port Carlisle - tiny coastal villages and a drop of real ale. Blast back on Wigton to Penrith superhighway.

Within next 3 weeks

Anybody in?

David & Lyn

:beer: :guitarist

OK bud

Hi, Will send you the route by map. Dont have GPS yet, but its on the wanted list.
David

Can't make the bank holiday weekend but the 1st weekend in June sounds good, we should have finished the painting by then:thumb

ASAP

Won't be bank holiday as we are heading to Bonnie Scotland to try GC's pub among other things.
Should be the week after.

It wont be a whole weekend thing, just a trip round a few of the places Lakes visitors dont get to see or hear of, such as:

Salta, Blencogo, Tarns, Port Carlisle, Anthorn, Calvo, Glasson etc etc.

Great view of Scotland over the narrows of the Solway Firth.

Then the B5035 Wigton to Penrith road. Looks nowt on map but a great blast.

I come up to the Lakes quite regularly, but I tend to arrive at a Youth Hostel, meander around the hills for a few days then go home. It'd be great to see some of the other parts! I'll look forward to seeing your route, then I'll have a go at turning it into a gps route for others :thumb

Me & MiGSel are coming over from Belgica on Friday night and heading over to Cumbria for a few days before heading over to Rosedale. Got any "must see" tips for us ? We are going to camp (or swim) near the hardknot pass .

Tour coming up of all the wierd bits of Cumbria.

Coastal roads - Solway Plain - Left hand side of Hadrians Wall - Port Carlisle - tiny coastal villages and a drop of real ale. Blast back on Wigton to Penrith superhighway.

Within next 3 weeks

Anybody in?

David & Lyn

we may have a bimble :augie

Me & MiGSel are coming over from Belgica on Friday night and heading over to Cumbria for a few days before heading over to Rosedale. Got any "must see" tips for us ? We are going to camp (or swim) near the hardknot pass .

If you are going to be there it would be a shame to miss Hartside pass, try to do it mid week as you can't get moved during a weekend with other bikers and the police getting in the way.
If you are going to be there give me a PM, I may be able to sneak away for a couple of hours or fit it in with work:augie

If you are going to be there it would be a shame to miss Hartside pass, try to do it mid week as you can't get moved during a weekend with other bikers and the police getting in the way.
If you are going to be there give me a PM, I may be able to sneak away for a couple of hours or fit it in with work:augie

Where's that then.... can't find it on my GPS software. We arrive saturday morning and are going over to the lakes, Dales and North Yorks during the course of the week and ending at Rosedale for the weekend. I don't suppose we'll be too disappointed - after all we are coming from flatter than flat Belgium where only Holland is flatter to the mountains of the lake district and the hills and dales of Yorkyshire :bounce1 it's gonna be good for sure :thumb2

Hartside

Hi Gecko

Hartside is on the A686 Penrith to Alston road. Its on the other side of the M6 to all the other Lakes attractions.
Great road, great tea shop on top and good views.

David

By the way

By the way I dont really mean that area is Wierd.

Its just off the beaten track and very unusual.

David

Where's that then.... can't find it on my GPS software. We arrive saturday morning and are going over to the lakes, Dales and North Yorks during the course of the week and ending at Rosedale for the weekend. I don't suppose we'll be too disappointed - after all we are coming from flatter than flat Belgium where only Holland is flatter to the mountains of the lake district and the hills and dales of Yorkyshire :bounce1 it's gonna be good for sure :thumb2

Which ferry port are you landing in? I may be able to suggest a good route to take but then again we all could.;)

Back
Top Bottom