Coppers on the A7?

Yodagoat

Reaction score
A mate and I went a run down the A7 this afternoon. Leaving Gorebridge 4 Pan Euros came the other way, 2 cops and 2 normal looking bikes, all riders looked coppish. Just before Heriot 4 more bikes came flying round a corner - all coppers.

Anyone know if the cops are planning one of those zero tolerance for speeding bikes things for the borders, or was this just a training run?

sounds like

a driving school outing to me.

A mate of mine got pulled just outside Selkirk on the A7 the other saturday and copper told him hat they have a campaign of Zero Tolerance to bikers on A7 and Borders roads.

A mate of mine got pulled just outside Selkirk on the A7 the other saturday and copper told him hat they have a campaign of Zero Tolerance to bikers on A7 and Borders roads.

Oh that's nice....:( Time was when I used to blast up and down that road in cars and on bikes with impunity. An hour and a half Edinburgh to Carlisle was entirely possible in the 70's.

Bloody spoilsports....:spitfire

B*gger, I thought they were saving that nonsense for weekends only. :rolleyes:

Best keep my eyes open on the way to work and back home then. I need to use the A7 then but usually avoid it when on the bike at weekends. Plus the other 'usual suspects' - A68, A72, A708, A701 and possibly even the likes of the A 698 and 699 :(

Kai

Lothian & Borders are cracking down on bikes on my favourite biking roads, Strathclyde doing the same in the west around Tyndrum, Glencoe & Inverary, and Central & Fife also doing the high profile roads policing thing at weekends. A person could get a persecution complex and avoid taking the bike out of the garage, or just say XXXX it and go out anyway. Only saving grace is that the high profile activity does not tend to last too long.

Glad I am off to Europe on bike in a few weeks.

A shame we all suffer cos of some nobheads and their mad riding antics. A rise in fatal accidents in the area perhaps?

It was an Advanced bike course from the police college at kincardine so don't panic! However I'm sure you all ride impeccably on these fast 'A' roads where all the Power rangers are heading for ditches!!
Stay safe:thumb

Beat the system and stay on B and C roads - rarely meet a copper and rarely break the limit on these roads = no problem

Back
Top Bottom