How much clearance is there underneath the light bar?

Slowdown

Reaction score
The title says it all really. I've fitted the nippy light bar and am wondering how much space I have to fit stuff underneath the light bar if the front suspension's fully compresed.

I think i'd be a good place to put Magnum horns, relays, HID balasts etc. I think some have, but I just wondered if anyone had any definitive clearances....

The magnum horn should go in the place of the OEM horn. I have my hid ballasts behind the side covers courtesy of BestRest hid brackets.

You have to be careful if you want to place the hids on the light bar as some people have done it and ended up with scratches down their forks, when under full compression

HID bracket for the 1200 and the ADV :thumb2

Attachments

• pair.JPG
    pair.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 165
R1200GS. It's just had it's second birthday. Days that is, not years ;)

The 1200 bracket fits at the back of the oil coler drops down and turns under with about 10mm space between cooler and bracket then the plate goes foward and the ballastes are mounted at the end.
No problem with the forks making contact with the ballastes on compression.

Thanks Les

I've measured a max 18cm of front fork compression and that leaves a fair bit of room under the oil cooler for 'bling' And I guess that if you've compressed the forks to the max you'll be worrying about things other than what's under the cooler.....

Back
Top Bottom