Wanted Mapsource or Similar Software

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I've finally taken the plunge and got a GPS. I took Darrans advice and bid on Ebay for a Garmin GPS III...stressfull or what!
£142 later and my new baby has arrived. Another £35 later and Autoroute confirms that I am actually at home on my PC and would plot my position should I have a long enough extension lead and enough strength to pick up my PC and run around with it...Wonderfull!

The only thing I need know is something to plot a route with and of course one of those shiny Touratech handlebar mounts.

If anybody has either Garmin or Touratech GPS software for sale please drop me a line.

Thanks

Rob Farmer
Loughborough
Leicestershire
95 R1100GS

rob_farmer@btinternet.com

Usually several available on eBay, or try the second-hand adds at The GPS Warehouse (www.gpsw.co.uk).
For the GPS III+, you need the Roads & Recreation version - don't bother with the MetroGuide (really only useful for units with data cartridges).

Thanks Paul.

I take it the roads and recreation software works ok with the GPSIII?

Cheers

Rob Farmer

Should work fine - I had a GPS III+ and used the R&R fine. This contains less street level detail, so you can fit it into the limited memory of the III+. Metroguide software is for stuff like the eMap (which I have) and Streetpilots (not recent III). All units below have a basemap.
So, unit and software combinations are (I think):

III+ - R&R (separate purchase)
eMap, Streetpilot, Streetpilot Colour - Metroguide (separate purchase)
Streetpilot III - City Navigator (supplied with unit)
GPS V - City Select (supplied with unit)

Got that?
(Confusing, ain't it? :) )

Dont buy the garmin R+R software. find someone with the CDs and a CD writer. Bingo you have yourself the software.:D

Keith - Isn't that illegal? :eek:
hypothetically If anybody happened to have a CD writer and said software then they might just happen to be hypothetically filled with beer.

Cheers

Rob Farmer

Back
Top Bottom