Anyone got a 2 piece Aerostitch Roadcrafter in the Hants area

Baz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Italy & Slovenia where the weather was very changeable on a couple of days varying from 30 C to torrential rain within minutes. With the heat, I didnt want to wear the liners for my Savanna gear all the time which meant stopping to put them on each time it rained.

So with a trip to visit my brother the USA in August 'I am considoring the purchase of an Aerostitch Roadcrafter 2 piece which I am hoping will provide ventilation and protection against the rain.

However before I buy, I would like to try one to see if I would get on with it. So does anyone in the Hants area have one that they would be willing to let me try on?? I am 5' 11'', 42'' Chest, 36''ish waist, as far as I am aware dont carry any transmittable diseases:)

Cheers Baz

Hi Baz - I understand your dilema - I moved to the US a couple of years ago and have been thinking about changing my BMW Kalahari suit (gore tex liners) for an Aerostich suit. I have met a lot of folks here that have them and reckon that they are great - only problem is that the summer temp here is frequently high 20's to mid 30's and the Aerostich suits are just tooooo hot! Even with the liners out of mine I still get a bit hot.

I have come to the conclsusion that when I do change I'll be sticking with the BMW concept of liners - yesterday on my way back from Maine I got caught is some very heavy showers without the liners and just got a little cool and then dried off.

In my opinion there is no ideal waterproof suit that is cool enough in warm weather. It's always going to be a compromise.

Back
Top Bottom