1100 gs taller screen

charlie3138

Does anyone out there know if a taller and/or wider screen is available for the 1100gs?
The only things I have seen so far is a little clip on extention to the top of the screen from touratech which doesn't look like it would be of much use.

Charlie, I have good news and bad news.
Good news first - yes there are taller screens out there for an 1100. I have one fitted to mine.
Bad news - I have not got a clue who makes them because I got mine 2nd hand and it had no tell-tale decals on it.
I could suggest that you become a site sponsor and then you have access to the "Search" facility where you will find answers to your questions including:
puig screens, aeroflow screens, ermax screens, MRA screens, and givi screens to name but a few that will fit an 1100 and I believe are taller than the standard one.
BTW welcome to the site - enjoy.:thumb2

Got the MRA on mine and whilst it doesn't look much bigger it is far better than the original one:thumb

Try http://www.bikehps.com/mra/ the main UK importer. They will probably have to order one for the 1100 but it's worth the wait (and the expense, about £110 when I bought mine I think)

I'm really pleased with mine - slightly modified GS1150 Adv screen (I think) with tobinators.

PG
Sorry for fuzzy picture.

Attachments

• 3181r.jpg
    3181r.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 312
I have a spare 'touring' screen im thinking of selling if your interested? im not sure what make it is but its taller than standard and is a very good screen.

Rob do you have a pic of the screen, I may be interested

heres a pic and description is 'Smoked touring screen in a good well used condition ie lots of small scratches, a few hairline cracks around the mounting holes, not sure what make it is. Its 447mm high from the top of where the headlight fits.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0003.JPG
    Copy of DSCF0003.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 257
As an alternative ...

... you could try some 'sculpted' screen edging. Claims to extend the effective area of the screen by up to 4" :cool: While I'm not verifying that particular claim, it does make an appreciable difference :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Jessies & Screen flow 001.jpg
    Jessies & Screen flow 001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 248
Rob, Looks like the sort of thing I'm after, but does the fact that it's dark make get in the get in the way of your view and how much do you want for it?

Rob, Looks like the sort of thing I'm after, but does the fact that it's dark make get in the get in the way of your view and how much do you want for it?

nah it doesnt get in the way of your field of view - saying that though im 5ft 11in so if your only 5ft tall it maybe wouldnt be right for you?

Im after £40 + £5 postage for it.

If your interested lmk your email address.

Rob, Thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit shorter than you and having just measured up my standard one I am worried that a dark screen that height might be a bit in the way, so i'll give it a miss. I think I need a clear one.

Another vote for MRA vario :thumb

They fade to clear at the top too,well worth the extra £50 IMHO.

Motorworks ave em in stock :aidan

MRA gets my vote, just back from 3500 mile tour to the dolomites using the screen makes a world of difference.:thumb

Thanks for that fellas, MRA screen seems to get the highest vote- I like the way its clearer at the top, i'll give Motorworks a ring in the morning.

:thumb Just a quick update for anyone still looking - fitted MRA Vario screen today - what a difference - like night and day - much reduced buffet, much quieter and the wind doesn't want to take my head off when checking over my shoulder at motorway speeds ( Tour X lid characteristic?). Well done for all your advice, I would heartily recommend a MRA screen.

close up pic please

Hi charlie or anyone else who has on ,i see that you are rather happy with your screen , i had a look on the mra site but cant realy see how it fits in ie on top of the original or a completly new screen.
if possible would you mind mailing me a photo close up please .
adamgipp@ukhome.net
if you could help me with this i would appreciate it very much thanks for your time all the best Adam

Hi charlie or anyone else who has on ,i see that you are rather happy with your screen , i had a look on the mra site but cant realy see how it fits in ie on top of the original or a completly new screen.
if possible would you mind mailing me a photo close up please .
adamgipp@ukhome.net
if you could help me with this i would appreciate it very much thanks for your time all the best Adam

the mra is a completely new 2 part screen (u dont use the old one at all).

see here for better pic -
http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/BikeHPS_OnlineStore_MRA_Vario_Screens_for_BMW_2.html

Back
Top Bottom