Romania with no green card?

BMW Mottorad:p

Ah, now we are getting somewhere.

Yes, the BuMW policy, from NIG, is wider than most...as evidenced by NIG's willingness to include several countries not usually covered by other insurers.

However, please do not put up posts that tell people that they do not need insurance 'for the whole of Europe' or a 'green card', without knowing who their insurer is, or the details of their policy.

You will have some poor sod believing you and riding away on, for instance, their Ebike policy (and maybe several others) with NO insurance at all.

Now was it Albania or Bosnia that is in Asia?

Ah, now we are getting somewhere.

Yes, the BuMW policy, from NIG, is wider than most...as evidenced by NIG's willingness to include several countries not usually covered by other insurers.

However, please do not put up posts that tell people that they do not need insurance 'for the whole of Europe' or a 'green card', without knowing who their insurer is, or the details of their policy.

You will have some poor sod believing you and riding away on, for instance, their Ebike policy (and maybe several others) with NO insurance at all.

Now was it Albania or Bosnia that is in Asia?

:blastYou dont get my jok do you:augie

BMW Mottorad:p
Bosnia Hertegovina
Albania is now Kosovo are all in Europe old boy.
And have good look
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=googl...GLD:2008-10,GGLD:en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I know they are both in Europe, it was you telling us that one is in Asia, that confused me.

Albania, is not Kosovo, albeit Albania borders onto it. The capital of Albania is Tyrana.

Kosovo (the newly self declared state, broken away from Serbia, with a majority 'Albanian' population) has Pristina as a capital.

They both can't be the same place. Can they?

green card and devitt

Sorry to interrupt the joks - has anyone recently got a Green Card out of Devitt successfully...and how?

Todat the 'underwriters' told me 'no they don't issue Green Cards for these countries'.
(I am looking for cover for Balkan countries and Syria, Jordan).

I have read the post about how to break through the call-centres but wondered if someone has recently done so to a named number/contacft?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry to interrupt the joks - has anyone recently got a Green Card out of Devitt successfully...and how?

Todat the 'underwriters' told me 'no they don't issue Green Cards for these countries'.
(I am looking for cover for Balkan countries and Syria, Jordan).

I have read the post about how to break through the call-centres but wondered if someone has recently done so to a named number/contacft?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a 'green card' - issued by Devitt / NIG - which covers all the Balkans and some of the former USSR countries.

Syria / Jordan? Very, very doubtful from a UK insurer....but you never know.

You can probably buy insurance at your point of entry, though quite what all the squiggles will mean is anybody's guess.

I have gone off Joks, following today's debacle in Edinburgh. :eek:onyack

As an Irishman I have also had a bad day on the rugby field....altho way better than yours!
:aidan

How did you get Devitt to issue you a green card....and who are NIG? Maybe I can try them as a way into getting this.

Simon

Just renewed my insurance with CN and on the back of the policy it say's.
covered fully comp
in any member country of the european union,and also iceland,norway and switzerland.

I hope to visit Romania this summer .:thumb2

just ask Carol Nash to sort out the Green Card! Tell them your travel dates and that you need a proper green card for Romania. They are getting better and should sort it out for you.

If you need any advice on Romania give me a pm.... I might even let you buy me a beer when you get here!!

Regards

Gavin

A certain well groomed gentleman got away with it a couple of days ago :augie

We crossed into Romania via a nice ferry from Bulgaria.

Left and went to Hungary and no problems again for this certain gentleman

A certain well groomed gentleman got away with it a couple of days ago :augie

We crossed into Romania via a nice ferry from Bulgaria.

Left and went to Hungary and no problems again for this certain gentleman

Both Romania and Bulgaria are in the EU, as is Hungary, so your vanilla UK cover should / would suffice....:rolleyes: You may have noticed there was a similar relaxed mood in Austria, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Italy and even Switzerland (which is not EU, of course) nor even returning to good old UK.

The chappy* that did have a bit of bother was getting into Turkey, where we had to hang around, waiting....and for those that had their papers but didn't have a suitable 'green card'.....but that's that's not an EU country, yet.

*Who, if we are talking about the same one, was lucky enough to have an insurance cover note that detailed both bikes, so he could prove insurance, which is the whole point. It was the bike's V5 paper that was wrong.....

Your EU policy will cover you - but you do still need the green card for the police if they stop you. (trust me this is local knowledge!). And some of the smaller border crossings will definetly want to see it.

And if you are going out that way - why not get the green card to cover you for Serbia/Ukraine (if your policy allows) - it gives you a bit of flexibilty.

Ring them - be firm - and you should get it without a problem

I crossed from Macedonia into Bulgaria 10 days ago and purchased a green card at the border - 26 Euros for one month, (21 Euros for scooters. 130 Euros for a car) and this also covers me for Romania.

Haven't had to test whether it's worth the paper it's written on.

But it is green, and I got a pink bit too.:D

wer over there end of july..2008
do ye know wer bran castle is near brasov..(vald ,dracula)
would like to see the castle on our way through , cant find a road or reference at the mo.
googe earth bit blury??

ta :thumb
ugg.

do ye know wer bran castle is near brasov..(vald ,dracula)
would like to see the castle on our way through

ta :thumb
ugg.

Whilst a very nice looking castle, Bran has little or no connection with Vlad or Dracula. Poinari is where you want to go. Near the southern end of the Transfagarasian Highway (one of the most stunning passes in Europe) it was the last seat of Vlad before he disappeared. It's also in a far more stunning location than Bran although you need to be fit to walk up the thousand or so steps to it!!
Rough location is N 45 16.191 E 24 39.012, Gavin has the full Romania mapping so he may be able to give you a more accurate location. However there is only one road and one castle so you will find it:thumb

Back
Top Bottom