Winter Solstice

ahebron

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right pleased with myself today as I went for a ride on the shortest day of the year. Took a mates 2003 Aprilia Tuono RSV for a ride and he rode my 1150GS. Only a short ride from Eastbourne round the bays to Seaview but boy those Aprilias have got some go:D . Unfortunately I am a Sunderland born 6ft 5 120kg model it was a bit wee for me and I could not get cornering sorted on this bike:( , but straight line is mighty impressive:thumb . My mate was impressed by the torque of the BMW and the riding position.

Happy Solstice to you ahebron :) What's the weather like down under in NZ at this time of year? Obviously warm enough to ride. Wet?

Well Atkule in Wellington it is sunny and brisk but the lower South Island is closed due to heavy snow falls and the upper North Island has wind and rain. As the song goes :augie "You can't beat Wellington on a good day":D
If it wasn't for the fact I have the rear rack and seat off my bike at present I would be out riding. I have brazed the rivet nuts the hold the rack on as the have come loose and make it a sod to remove the rack and am waiting for paint to dry. Ho hum.
Blatant plug follows
As an aside anyone in NZ after a 1986 R80G/S look here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...rbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-105618986.htm?p=2
its my old bike for sale.

Back
Top Bottom