"MSR STYLE" WATER BOTTLES

Sparky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Aluminium One litre water bottles are available from Tesco's priced at a reasonable £ 4.97 and Half litre at £ 4.67. very similar styling as the popular "MSR" bottles.
:beer: Regards, Sparky :beer:

Are they varnished inside?

I'd guess that, on sale form Tescos, they would be, but it's good to know.

Whats wrong with the varnished ones? :nenau ....any problems as I bought 2 of them

Nothing at all - the unvarnished ones are used for fuel, but shouldn't be used for drinking water. If they're varnished on the inside, they should be usable for fuel or water.

Wouldn't the fuel melt the varnish and then block your carb?

Good point. May be worth storing some biro refills in there just to make sure.

I suspect that the varnish isn't going to be as big a problem for a stove than a carb, so it shouldn't be too bad overall. You'd have to be pretty keen to try and store bike fuel in containers this small.

I guess that there won't be many people who would want to use a bottle that small for fuel and then use it for drinking water. If they did, I'd be more worried about the residual fuel than the aluminium anyway.

Just thought it might be handy as an emergency get-you-to-the-next-garage type solution. Wasn't considering using it for fuel and drinking water. :barf

Bottles

Why not use old plastic milk bottles, all differnet sizes and free!. and if camping save a long cold walk to the loo or at least out of the tent.

Don't try them on an MSR, they will not fit.

The thread is smaller than the MSR one. The thread of the SIGG bottles is the same as the MSR however.

Back
Top Bottom