Three-bike trailer, any recommendations?

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
Tim I have an Erdt 3 bike trailer and I tow it with my NAV

it tows really really well probably should not say at what speed publicly but totally stable :thumb2

750kg+ brakes required.

Be careful, brakes required for trailer with gross weight of 750kgs+.
If the ministry stop you and weigh it, your going no further if over. And, if you have an accident...............:blast
What does 3 GSs weigh?

Just a thought..
T.

Matters not whether it is loaded or not it on the plating of the trailer

Trailers wait..........

Matters not whether it is loaded or not it on the plating of the trailer

?
If your trailer is over 750 kilo with no brakes, your in deep do-do.
I think there are 1 or 2 exceptions, like agricultural trailers, etc.
If you know different, where did you obtain your info?
I've got a trailer or two, so need to keep on the right side of Plod.:thumb

Timpo.

Tim.....when I was looking for a decent trailer for shipping bikes to Morocco, I was looking at box trailers, mainly for the security.

I ended up with a nice covered tilt bed unit that will take 7 bikes..well OTT for your use but I'm also looking again at a smaller unit that will take 3 GS's, justlike you are.

I'd be rather uneasy taking three bikes (particularly customer's bikes) down there with the inevitable overnight stops....we had 5 Moroccan guys hide in the 21 foot unit and we've had several attempts at forced entry into the back of the landy...WHEN WE WERE DRIVING IT!!!!!

They're more expensive, but worthwhile IMO.....the resale value is good and obviously they're much, MUCH more secure.

armlargebox.jpg

http://www.boxtrailers.co.uk/uk/List/Trailers/T|00021?order=L

It wouldn't have tie down points, but it took us an afternoon and a big bag of hardware and we've now got 30 or so tie downs in my big trailer.
The other obvious advantage is the trailer would be multi-purpose, whereas a bike trailer is useful pretty much only as a bike trailer.

We're putting in suspended nets this summer so we have luggage carrying capacity over the bikes (light stuff only).

A box unit might be a good (albeit expensive in the outlay) solution for you maybe?

wdfd3biketrailer.jpg

TW trailer: up to 750Kgs unbraked.

from here:

http://www.trailers.co.uk/uk/List/Trailers/T|00006?order=L

Also try Lider trailers. 625-650 Kgs

?
If your trailer is over 750 kilo with no brakes, your in deep do-do.
I think there are 1 or 2 exceptions, like agricultural trailers, etc.
If you know different, where did you obtain your info?
I've got a trailer or two, so need to keep on the right side of Plod.:thumb

Timpo.

Timpos right :thumb2
I was going to buy an ERDE CH750 but with 3 gs's on, it was just under a ton:eek:

and they will stop and weigh you , 'cos they know what trailers are braked:(

My 3 bike trailer carries 3 pogos or 2 gs's or one Harley:ymca :ymca
I've been stopped and weighed only once, that was with a Honda TL 185 in the middle of two airheads, and it weighed 640 kilos...the bastards then weighed the complete outfit:spitfire trying to get me on gross weight cos I was towing with a 205.
I was ok by around 300 kilos:thumb2

Kliponoff

Tim -- Before you spend your hard earned , have a look at "Kliponoff" trailers .
Based in Halifax , West Yorkshire , they have the happy knack of relieving canny Tykes of cash , and leaving the customers more than happy !
Amongst the off-road community they have the highest rep for quality and value for money .
I've had one of their two bike trailers for twenty plus years and have yet to find anything to complain about - unusual for this old curmudgeon !
All the best ,
Jim .
ps. - Goggle "Kliponoff trailers" and they'll be the first site on the list .

How mad is this.........

Tim -- Before you spend your hard earned , have a look at "Kliponoff" trailers .
Goggle "Kliponoff trailers" and they'll be the first site on the list .

A post about trailers by a chap with a name as close to http://www.brianjames.co.uk/ as this.:p

Total quality, in my head anyway.................:blast

T.

Back
Top Bottom