Micro DE to HiD Convertion Kit

Do people use the fog or driving versions?

I've got the fog ones and looking to HID'ify them. Doesn't the cut off plate in the HID kill half the light though?

Do people use the fog or driving versions?

I've got the fog ones and looking to HID'ify them. Doesn't the cut off plate in the HID kill half the light though?

Yeah but it doesnt matter what bulb you have. Halogen or HID ... you have a cut off plate that shapes the beam. The cut off plate is not part of the HID... it's a part of the foglight itself. It's there regardless of what bulb you put into it

Thats how all projector lights work mate. They have plates in them to shape the beam. Projector fog beams (like Micro DEs) cut off about a third of the light (a lot of it is re-reflected back off the cut off screen into the main reflector and then out the front anyway, mind you). But you get a very sharp accurate cut off with the screen, meaning you can drive with them on all the time as that are like additional low beam lights. Thats the difference between fog lights and spot lights.

I would add that Touratech use one Fog beam on one side of the bike and one Driving (spot) beam on the other side in their set up.

I have gone for a HID fog on each side, AND a hid driving light on each side....

install20.JPG

Good information there thanks :thumb2.

So do the driving and fog versions of the Hella DE look the same other than the one with the premium aluminum front version?

As I've already sourced the HID's and have the DE's already can I buy the extra bits from you to put them together? (not sure what is needed).

Andrew

So do the driving and fog versions of the Hella DE look the same other than the one with the premium aluminum front version?

As I've already sourced the HID's and have the DE's already can I buy the extra bits from you to put them together? (not sure what is needed).

They look the same from the outside.

The normal black DE light comes in 2 versions, a pair of halogen fog lights or a pair of HID driving lights. Touratech obviously split these kits up from Hella and use one halogen fog and one HID driving light.

If you need the kit to convert your Halogen DE Fogs to HID, contact Les Wassall.

It may require a bit of dremelling on your part as there are dozens of slightly different shaped HID H3 units. Les makes the kits to suit the HID H3 bulbs that he supplies. If your bulbs are from a different supplier, they will probably need some manual "adjustment" on your part.

Back
Top Bottom