Chain and a Half!

Northants Rob

Reaction score
With a new bike coming tomorrow :D I've decided to up my security a bit.

Just bought an Almax Series III chain (wow, that thing is impressive) and a Squire SS65C padlock. Don't know how I'll lug these two beasts around but they'll be great for at home. Topping them off with a Hardie ground anchor.

Ordered directly from the Almax website - impressive delivery, ordered Sunday afternoon and delivered by lunchtime on Tuesday. Nice one.

Totally agree. The thing is a beast - the courier nearly ruptured himself bringing it to the door!
Just make sure the Hardie is into something solid - I had to hire a bl**dy great drill to fix mine - and loop the chain off the ground and through a frame member not just a wheel.
If the toe-rags want it they'll really have to work for it and as we know; they don't like working for anything!

Rob, I got the same chain/lock, if you get the motrax lock bag from almax as well it fits a treat on the pillion seat of the:thumb 12GSA

I've got two of these bad boys. A 2.5 metre though a concreted in terraforce Anchor (only just fits though!), and a 1.5 metre one that I use to chain it to the scooter with as well.

Only down side is that they are a bit too heavy to take away on hols, but hey ho, I feel pretty secure with two of them on the GS

How much do these things cost?

Are they recognised by the insurance companies for a reduced premium?

Thanks

all very well until you check out the web site.

they break every competitors chain with bolt croppers then replace the blades in the bolt cropper and spend an age slipping off the allmax. you can even see in the video the old blades have a dent in then which cleary holds the other chains in place while they break them.

enough to make me think they are trying to con people

see it for yourself

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.asp?pg=19

Same combo as I use :thumb I guess someone will still take the bike if they really want it, but is is a bloody good deterrent.

Another thumbs up for Almax, if anyone can get through that, they deserve the bike!!!

I have the seriesIII and Squire lock, it is heavy so i carry a lighter Motrax 2m chain whilst touring, not as strong i know but is a visual deterant whilst away from home.

all very well until you check out the web site.

they break every competitors chain with bolt croppers then replace the blades in the bolt cropper and spend an age slipping off the allmax. you can even see in the video the old blades have a dent in then which cleary holds the other chains in place while they break them.

enough to make me think they are trying to con people

see it for yourself

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.asp?pg=19

Yes we did use new jaws on the Series III & IV, (as we didn't want people to say that we used ratty old jaws) and you are quite right we couldn't get any purchase, so we quickly cropped an Abus, which put a little dink in the jaws. We then were able to get the purchase on the chains. The Series IV is to big to gain leverage, even with the best croppers on the market (Irwin Record 42") the Series III broke the croppers in that test, the straps twisted, rendering them usless.

If you want to see an Almax Series III being attacked by theives, then on you tube there is CCTV footage of a couple of hoodies jumping up and down on the croppers, trying to crop the chain. The chap whose bike it was sent us the footage. They leave with just a pair of abused bolt croppers. The bike stayed where it belonged, with it's owner :D

If you want to see more chain chopping, then watch ITV1 (London & South East) Sky Channel 993 Tuesday 24.07.07 at 7:30pm when we helped them with a programme called Gone in 60 Seconds the bike Crime Wave. We cropped Sold Secure & Thatcham approved chains in seconds. The longest one lasted 11 seconds!!!!

Back
Top Bottom