Almax chains: any experience?

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
Well the movie files on the website look impressive, particularly compared to the standard brands, but has anyone actually owned one?

Any good?

that is to say, did it stop your bike being lifted?

I'm thinking of getting one, but its a lot of dosh if its just hype!

Cheers

Phone 'em up and ask them. I spent ages on the phone. And mention that forum users get a discount, free P+P and a free bag - 'cos that's what i got.

Maybe it's all hype, maybe not, but I bought a 2.5m SeriesIII, the Squire SS65 and a ground anchor - it fits around the seat and just slips nicely through the frame with the ground anchor just behind the center stand. It keeps everything off the floor (working on them just pushing the bike over :eek:) and is really easy to put on - making me much more likely to use it all the time.

The Almax Squire combo has been done to death and the consensus of opinion appears to be that it rocks. My bike is always been where I left it when I use an Almax so I am happy, however I can suggest one improvement...

B*W - can you make the hole in the rear wheel/swing arm bigger so I can get my Almax through it? :D

Highly reccomended

I've got two and a Squire Stronghold lock. Highly recomended. And the advice and customer service from Almax is some of the best I have ever recieved anywhere. I simply could not reccomend them more.

Jon.

There are a few companies that sell Almax chains cheaper than Almax do! Mention this to Almax (can't remember the hubby and wiffy names). They will price match or do a deal with you and will contact that other company as they have an agreement not to undercut each other.

chain too heavy / (squire) padlock relaly good. . .

too big and too heavy - i bought a 2 metre chain (19mm links i think) / squire padlock combo...i rarely take it away from home - it's just soooo heavy, (oh - and they pomised to send me a second sheath for the chain but they never did) but the squire padlock is pretty cool....2 green keys, 2 amber keys and 2 red. . . lose both the green - and you start using the amber, which disables the green! , lose both the ambers, and start using the red , which disables the ambers. . . bloody good idea.!

too big and too heavy - i bought a 2 metre chain (19mm links i think) / squire padlock combo...i rarely take it away from home - it's just soooo heavy, (oh - and they pomised to send me a second sheath for the chain but they never did) but the squire padlock is pretty cool....2 green keys, 2 amber keys and 2 red. . . lose both the green - and you start using the amber, which disables the green! , lose both the ambers, and start using the red , which disables the ambers. . . bloody good idea.!

Can security be too secure?

Would you like to pm me with your details - As I sent a spare sleeve to a customer signed for and it was returned. (It may have been you) If it was quite happy to send it out again.

There are a few companies that sell Almax chains cheaper than Almax do! Mention this to Almax (can't remember the hubby and wiffy names). They will price match or do a deal with you and will contact that other company as they have an agreement not to undercut each other.

The only place you can get an Almax is from Almax - We do not distribute to anyone else. We enjoy chatting to our customers:)

Slowdown says he got a discount with the bag etc....What price is the Full combo for forum members? I'll be on the phone if it's a good price...:aidan

AS the man says, if ya don't ask.....:rolleyes:

Slowdown says he got a discount with the bag etc....What price is the Full combo for forum members? I'll be on the phone if it's a good price...:aidan

AS the man says, if ya don't ask.....:rolleyes:

Check out the Almax website. For a start I'd ask for free delivery and a free bag - then it's all down to how good you are at bartering.

I got a free bag, but received the wrong lock (Cisa)so Alex mailed out the Squire and let me have the Cisa at cost - I actually prefer it to the Squire

Ask - they are good people :thumb

Well,

I have ordered a 2.5 Immobisiler III and chatted to Maxine for a good 20 mins about the chain and the competition.

Very helpful and gave me a good deal: free P&P and free bag: all just because I spend my dubious social life talking to you lot!!

Ha: and they say I have no life!!

On top of that, I may be geting a second chain and Maxine offered me it at a discount, even if I don't buy it now, but decide to get it later!!

Asfor the product, it's being dlivered to my work on Tuesday, so we shall see how it looks in the flesh. Security aside I may also use it for Bicep curls and tricep kick-backs: sounds chunky enough!

It has arrived. It is huge. Its like a cyborg python with w penchent for piercings! I carried it down to the bike, wrapped round my neck and I am now several inches shorter! That said I will feel pretty smug once its wrapped round the bike, at home!!

And soon the free bag will arrive too!

Very pleased!

Back
Top Bottom