Top Box, ease of removal

deaninkl

Reaction score
I was given a pukka BMW top box at the time of buying my new bike, the box comes next week. I hate the things, but admit they can be practical, so I would like to know are they clip on clip off like the panniers? I want the convenience but want to be able to take the thing off without undoing bolts etc. on arrival.. thanks.

Easy on easy off. Just make sure it is secure, they have been know to "blow away".

Thanks Sean, actually just been told i wont be getting the top box next week. BMW have had to recall the backets due to boxes flying off as you mention. So now in Malaysia no new brackets available... probaly have to wait months.

:eek:

I've got a 2 month old Top Box on a 2 month old 1200 - Does anyone have any info on the recall?

I've got the modified topbox - have had it for just under a year and have had no problems. Have they modified the design again recently?

You guys had better check with BMW in the UK, my info. comes from BMW Malaysia, and I'm talking about 06 bikes (07 are not being imported here as they still have 05 and 06 in crates, hense the incentive of free panniers for 05bikes and top box on 06 bikes). so this bracket change may well be done for you in the UK last year. Sorry to confuse... we can get the latest exotica from MV, Ducati limited additions... but BMW dont give discount on 05 bikes and the cast 1.5 time the UK price.

Back
Top Bottom