Remus down pipe/Scorpion end can -1200

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm just about to fit a Scorpion can to my 1200gs to fit the MetalMule balanced pannier set.

Does anyone know if the Remus downpipe will be compatible as I've been thinking about this for a while. Can#t find any info on Remus or on Scorpion websites.

Oh - and is the downpipe legal, what with losing the cat?

ta.

The Remus downpipes are compatible with the standard silencer and the Scorpian is designed to fit the standard downpipes. As teh remus downpipes are a straight swap I don't see any reason why the 2 would not fit.

Cats are not a legal requirement on bikes so by removing it there are no legal implications.

The Remus downpipes are compatible with the standard silencer and the Scorpian is designed to fit the standard downpipes. As teh remus downpipes are a straight swap I don't see any reason why the 2 would not fit.

Cats are not a legal requirement on bikes so by removing it there are no legal implications.

thanks - I thought that would be the case, just wanted a second opinion:thumb2

Next question - where's the cheapest place to buy the downpipes?
Nippy has them for £299 but I've seen some posts with people pricing them at about £230 - any ideas?

Next question - where's the cheapest place to buy the downpipes?
Nippy has them for £299 but I've seen some posts with people pricing them at about £230 - any ideas?

Better late than never I suppose, try Southport Superbikes and ask for Jim, assuming that you have not already bought one of course! :eek:

How do you like your Scorpion can so far?

Also a bit late but have you thought about the Motad downpipes, which are £170 + VAT?

The previous owner of my 1200 fitted a Titanium Scorpion end can.

Straight through once you remove the baffle, pull its perforated end piece off (3 tack welds) then put the baffle back in to appease plod. Allows about 80% of the full-bore with the baffle in compared to baffle out.

Not too loud, plenty of power, small and light compared to stock.:thumb2

Discreet when the tacky plastic Scorpion gel stickers unglue themselves and fall off leaving the can 'unbranded'.

Back
Top Bottom