Tool Cabinets for garage?

IainMac

Reaction score
After many years of abusing my tool(s) its come time to treat it/them properly and find a proper home for it/them.
With that in mind has anyone got any thoughts recommendations for a reasonably price tool cabinet/drawers. I've perused ebay and there seems to be a few sealey ones kicking about in the 300 to 500 notes bracket as well as a few US "pro tool" imports. Has anyone got experience of these or similar, I would have prefered to look and feel before purchase but apart from machinemart there doesnt appear to be much around locally? so expecting the mail order/ebay route is the most likely path.
Size wise 1m wide and around 1m tall or thereabouts would be ball park.

Try Halfords. I bought a set of drawers with roller bearings for £50 or £60. They've a sale on on tool storage at the mo :thumb

Sorry forgot to say my local halfords stocks only placcy crappy stanley boxs, nothing decent that I've seen, plus looking for a larger storage more around 1m wide and high.

machine mart have a huge range, cheapy stuff up to some nice pro cabinets.

or

try & buy some s/h snap on stuff. doubt you'll lose money on it if you decide to sell it on :)

Snap on all day.....

If it's a quality tool chest you're after then there's only one brand to go for... Snap-On
I bought this top box from ebay and paid a total of £280 for it. If you look long enough you'll find one. It's definately worth investing in one, the quality of this is uncomparable to most other brands. It's huge and took x2 of us to lift it into the car and out the other end EMPTY..... Excellent piece of kit, the pics don't do it justice.. I'll try and take some more over the next few days and post them.....

Attachments

• snap on1.jpg
    snap on1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 240
  • snap on 2.jpg
    snap on 2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 239
Cheers for all the info, I've ended up pulling the trigger on a two cabinet set overall 1mwide by 1.3m high total of ~21 drawers off ebay for less money than that capacity would have cost from sealey. its yank kit and big enough for me to use as a mobile wardrobe when I move into the garage after the missus finds out.. ;)
heres hoping its all it cracked up to be.
The costco kit does look really nice but once VAT was added it seemed a little steep for my wallet.

toolbox

Yep the tool cabinet for sale in costco is superb

it's a bargain

"Praise the lord and pass the Ammunition"

Now your going to start looking for more shinny tools to put in it!

I forked out a few years back - just standard quality but they don't half make life easier. I figure if you feel more professional you work more professionally...

Snap-On pic's as promised.....£280 on ebay (without tools) already had em...
:thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 165
Is the sale still on at Halfords? I know it was on a few weeks ago but doesnt look like its finished on the web site ......bugger:nenau

See a snap-on man in a van. They nearly always have second hand cabinets for sale.

I've got a couple of machine mart ones and a US Pro one.
I'd love a Snap-On but you can buy a lot of extra tools for the price of one of their cabinets.
You do seem to get what you pay for but my machine mart stuff still works and I got one of them for a third off because it had been dropped so had a bit of a dent in it but it still works just the same.

Back
Top Bottom