Family Tent recommendation

Walowiz

Reaction score
Hi

I'm after a family tent for my wee family to go away for long weekends and maybe the odd week, there's two of us, plus a 16 month old and a puppy.

Waterproof a must !, porch area and space for the little busy thing to crash about if it's bucketing down with rain, fairly easy to put up would be a nice touch. I don't want to spend a fortune on it, just in case not camping doesn't agree with us.

I know jack all about family tents, hence the post. I have seen that Millets have a sale, but not sure if they are any good.

cheers
Aaron

I got a secondhand 2 bed +porch dome tent off ebay for £30 thatwould do the trick. If i were you i would forgett about old fashioned frame tents, they are much too heavy and a palave to put up. A big dome tent second hand for around the £50 mark and you wont go far wrong.

I agree with Spot about bulky frame tents but I have a 5 berth frame tent that you can have for £50. Sidcup, Kent.
PM if interested but sorry no pictures but I think it is a Trio make.
I got a secondhand 2 bed +porch dome tent off ebay for £30 thatwould do the trick. If i were you i would forgett about old fashioned frame tents, they are much too heavy and a palave to put up. A big dome tent second hand for around the £50 mark and you wont go far wrong.

We had a KHYAM Vis a Vis for the best part of 10 yrs, bought new and well worth the money. Just replaced it with a Wild Country Homestead 7 that is huge and has 3 seperate inner areas £300

If you're near enough to Decathlon - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ - their "3 second" tent couldn't be easier - open the bag, throught the tent where you want it & it pops up as it lands. About £40 and double skinned too. Obvioulsy not as serious as some tents but worked fine for me in Scottish weather. I use the smaller one "2 second light" on the bike for rallies - gets me to the beer tent in record time. Just googled it & there's a new one http://www.quechua.com/EN/Product_a...ents/touring-tents/product_8028706/index.html

I bought an Outwell from Blacks last year. It's well made, very solid and supposed to be waterproof. The groundsheet is all sewn in even in the porch area. It's worth having a look at their range of tents.

Mine cost about £200.

Simon

During a day of decent weather the inside of a tent gets far too hot to spend any time in. Supplement your tent with a gazebo with removable sides (that also act as a windbreak).

About £25 for the gazebo. Have a look at www.cybercheckout.co.uk for cheap family tents and other stuff.

Greg

I'm more than happy with my 2-man Kyham Eiger but when it needs replacing, I shall certainly look at one of those Quechua Seconds tents. They look brilliant:thumb

I have a Quechua three second tent that I use for work, absolutely brilliant for me on my own, a bit small for a family though, for longer camps I use a Khyam tourer tent, its a bulky thing but once up it will sit through anything, all I need now is another tent to carry on the GS, you cant have too many tents;)
Stewart

Back
Top Bottom